• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee

27 posts in this topic

I prefer a direct connection to the book in most cases, but have a few exceptions. This is an example of an exception:

th_AmazingSpider-Man657.jpg

Stan didn't actually work on the book, but the cover features two of his biggest creations (symbol anyway) on it and there was some great space to sign, so I thought it was a no-brainer.

Great cover for sigs... wish they didnt put the UPC box right in the middle of the cover! :facepalm:

+1 seriously!

I prefer a direct connection to the book in most cases, but have a few exceptions. This is an example of an exception:

Stan didn't actually work on the book, but the cover features two of his biggest creations (symbol anyway) on it and there was some great space to sign, so I thought it was a no-brainer.

Great cover for sigs... wish they didnt put the UPC box right in the middle of the cover! :facepalm:

+1 seriously!

If Stan would have signed in BLUE right on top of of the UPC label..it would have been cool hm

IIRC, arent cgc only supposed to accept a creator sig into ss if they are in some way linked?

Stan gets to sign any Marvel book as he is still "chairman emiritus" of marvel, and obviously created a massive amount of the existing characters.

whereas he isnt/shouldnt be accepted for the purpose of ss allowed to sign a DC title (other than the stan lee ones before any smart mentions them)

i could be wrong but im sure i saw that somewhere within cgc lore

Joe Quesada runs the company, look at how he signs and suddenly the UPC will make sense.

lol

just spotted this little nugget...

He served as an editor and writer at Marvel Comics (aka Timely Comics and Atlas Comics) from 1941 to 1972, before becoming the company's Publisher and now Chairman Emeritus. Nearly every Marvel Comic published between late 1941 through to 1972 involved Stan Lee is some way, as either the principal writer, editor or art director. He is responsible for the co-creation of every superhero character and villain that the company produced in the Silver Age of comics. This means that Stan Lee can sign any Marvel Comic or comic featuring one of his co-creations for the Signature Series label, the DC Comics "Just Imagine Stan Lee" mini-series, as well as any title or magazine he is connected with.

from ss website

Nice book. I actually like this example. Thanks for sharing.

just spotted this little nugget...

He served as an editor and writer at Marvel Comics (aka Timely Comics and Atlas Comics) from 1941 to 1972, before becoming the company's Publisher and now Chairman Emeritus. Nearly every Marvel Comic published between late 1941 through to 1972 involved Stan Lee is some way, as either the principal writer, editor or art director. He is responsible for the co-creation of every superhero character and villain that the company produced in the Silver Age of comics. This means that Stan Lee can sign any Marvel Comic or comic featuring one of his co-creations for the Signature Series label, the DC Comics "Just Imagine Stan Lee" mini-series, as well as any title or magazine he is connected with.

from ss website

131804.jpg.ef1bf83313aab6d607e925516db651e6.jpg