• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

It's mayhem in CG right now. :D

I necro'd a few birthday threads last night, then lizards2 did it, then Blowie did it with other threads, then Greggy started bumping all his birthday threads, now the mods are deleting some of Greggy's birthday threads.... :roflmao:

Fun has returned to CG.

Awesomeness. :applause:

CG is so funny. :)

12 Birthday threads yesterday, 7 today, 8 tomorrow, etc. And of course the more popular threads don't go away in 24 hours, they hang around for days and sometimes weeks.

With all the stickies, Page 1 only has room for 25 threads. No one reads Page 2, so CG has basically turned into the Birthday forum. Yet, this is what the majority seems to want. :screwy: Oh well.

I know.

Work deadlines, card mailing, present buying and wrapping, crowds, traffic, bad weather, stress, grumpy people.

I wouldn't be surprised if a hundred years from now the CDC moves Christmas to the summer. It's a recipe for getting sick. :)

Bought some multicolored LED Christmas lights. 4.5 Watts per string of 60, and they last almost forever.

I think the lights are my favorite part of Christmas.

I've got some vintage ones for the 50's/60's. The colors blow modern bulbs away and they get hot. I mean molten lead hot. :eek:

One of the toughest weekends ever!!!!!! Made it thru, but this was a rough one...where is the "exhausted" graemlin?

Rough weekend up here too, but for different reasons. I thought all my anger played itself out on Friday but it didn't. :(

One of the toughest weekends ever!!!!!! Made it thru, but this was a rough one...where is the "exhausted" graemlin?

Rough weekend up here too, but for different reasons. I thought all my anger played itself out on Friday but it didn't. :(

I'll bet.

I've been trying to not think about it, but I'm utterly failing. I have no personal connection but....There's just no words.

I want to bring that son of a person_without_enough_empathy back to life so I can kill him myself.

Bought some multicolored LED Christmas lights. 4.5 Watts per string of 60, and they last almost forever.

I've got some vintage ones for the 50's/60's. The colors blow modern bulbs away and they get hot. I mean molten lead hot. :eek:

I remember my Dad's. Big screw in bulbs. Those are the kind that triple your electric bill. :)

I've been trying to not think about it, but I'm utterly failing. I have no personal connection but....There's just no words.

I want to bring that son of a person_without_enough_empathy back to life so I can kill him myself.

It's horrible. I can't even process it.

I remember my Dad's. Big screw in bulbs. Those are the kind that triple your electric bill. :)

I grew up with these in the 70s. When I see lights like these, it's Christmas for me. :cloud9:

They don't make them like that anymore. :(

I grew up with these in the 70s. When I see lights like these, it's Christmas for me. :cloud9:

Yeah, those are the ones that would give you 3rd degree burn if you came in contact with them.

Yeah, those are the ones that would give you 3rd degree burn if you came in contact with them.

Those are the ones!

They really put out the light. Nothing looks better around the perimeter of the roof.

I must say, I'm a little tired of those all-white draping ones that are supposed to look like icicles or something. I like different colors.

I also really like these for inside. I don't have one, but I remember them from my childhood.

Color-Wheel1.jpg

I have a bunch of these. The swirl pattern is very cool. Also, the coloring is on the inside and it's a powder, not paint. I know this because I broke one once. Unlike modern bulbs, which have the paint on the outside of the bulb and can thus flake off, these never lose any color and burn more vibrantly than anything produced today, imo.