• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Bought some multicolored LED Christmas lights. 4.5 Watts per string of 60, and they last almost forever.

I think the lights are my favorite part of Christmas.

I've got some vintage ones for the 50's/60's. The colors blow modern bulbs away and they get hot. I mean molten lead hot. :eek:

I remember my Dad's. Big screw in bulbs. Those are the kind that triple your electric bill. :)

I grew up with these in the 70s. When I see lights like these, it's Christmas for me. :cloud9:

They don't make them like that anymore. :(

Yeah, those are the ones that would give you 3rd degree burn if you came in contact with them.

They also give off a smell when they are lit. When I smell that combined with pine tree smell, it instantly transports me back to the early-mid 70's

I have a bunch of these. The swirl pattern is very cool. Also, the coloring is on the inside and it's a powder, not paint. I know this because I broke one once. Unlike modern bulbs, which have the paint on the outside of the bulb and can thus flake off, these never lose any color and burn more vibrantly than anything produced today, imo.

Dad had both. The ones with the powder and the ones with peeling paint on the outside.

Bought some multicolored LED Christmas lights. 4.5 Watts per string of 60, and they last almost forever.

I think the lights are my favorite part of Christmas.

I've got some vintage ones for the 50's/60's. The colors blow modern bulbs away and they get hot. I mean molten lead hot. :eek:

I remember my Dad's. Big screw in bulbs. Those are the kind that triple your electric bill. :)

I grew up with these in the 70s. When I see lights like these, it's Christmas for me. :cloud9:

They don't make them like that anymore. :(

Yeah, those are the ones that would give you 3rd degree burn if you came in contact with them.

They also give off a smell when they are lit. When I smell that combined with pine tree smell, it instantly transports me back to the early-mid 70's

Yeah, the sense of smell is a strong memory trigger.

lol working! (and posting)

My daughter (she's 5) wants to take me out to dinner tonight. She wants to go to Friendly's. I don't know if they have those where you guys live.

She also LOVES Scooby Doo but she won't be getting her hands on that # 1 when it shows up. :sumo:

lol working! (and posting)

My daughter (she's 5) wants to take me out to dinner tonight. She wants to go to Friendly's. I don't know if they have those where you guys live.

She also LOVES Scooby Doo but she won't be getting her hands on that # 1 when it shows up. :sumo:

That should be fun. (thumbs u

I've never seen a Friendly's.