• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men (dscott) Thanks for the start on my registry Adam!

8 posts in this topic

So last night Filter (Adam) was nice enough to work out a deal with me for my new X-Men 1.

I had been after one since NYCC as I regretted selling mine at the show. I had just over spent and was offered way above what I paid so I buckled and sold it to a random guy.

Since NYCC I have been trying to replace the book but most copies seemed to either be way over price or just to low grade for what I was looking for. However last night Adam popped up after being absent the last week because of Sandy and had this beauty of a 6.5 in his collection. After a little negotiation I was able to stake claim to it.

My dream book is honestly either a FF 1 7.0 or better or a X-Men 1 7.0 or better. While this book is only a 6.5 I never though that 8 months ago when I bought my 1st X-Men 1 that I would be sporting a copy in this grade. A big thanks to Adam and this is truly a keeper for me at least until I am able to track down the 7.0 I am looking for.

Xmen1CGCFN.jpg

oh also, :cloud9: for the dark green corner as well.

I should also mention that Adam wasn't wiling to let me off the hook with just the X-Men 1. After I picked the book up I started talking to him about how I recently sold a full run 1-544 this last spring. Since selling the run I have been trying to decide what set to collect next.

None of the sets have really felt right to me, at least not like when I was putting together that 1st X-Men run. I tried ASM and that didnt last but a week, no luck for me either with the Avengers, the FF is a set I was working on as a registry but honestly already owning a run raw it was a little unexciting for me.

Enter Adam again who mentioned that he had just recently decided to part with his X-Men so that he could focus on Tecs and Actions.

So another big thanks to the man as I finally am collecting a book and run that I think I will fully enjoy once again. Though this time I am aiming for the set to be a little higher grade than the 5.0/6.0 raws I had put together before.

Xmen2.jpg

Great group of X books. (worship)

Thank you sir I am very excited to get started on the set again and to do it in high grade this time. The only thing I am really worried about is all the damn books after 300. I have never tried to buy slabs of these books past 141/142. But I am sure that anything past 300 is rare to find slabbed.