• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Expanding my Collection

8 posts in this topic

or taking two steps back, to take one step forward.

I have decided to get rid of some of my raw books. This will take place after I sell my graded copies I feel are no longer part of my collection. Some of them never should have been. At times in my life I have bought things just to buy them. This also includes CGC graded books. I normally try to sell them at the price I got them plus only a few bucks more because I just want my money back. Of course if I decide to sell that X-Men #109 I will be selling that for a profit, which will go towards paying my parents back for putting out the money to fix my teeth.

I want a core collection, something that I have everything based around. My New Mutants is going to be part of that core collection. Those pivotal X-men and Iron Man issues I plan to make part of that collection as well. Even Ka-Zar the Savage and the Ting have made that list, although I don't know why Ka-Zar made the list. There are a few more sets I would like to finish or add to for 2013, if we survive the coming end of days. I think I might try something new...or rather old. I saw a few statues at the NYCC and might purchase one or two.

I was also thinking of trying to pick another really nice comic book an getting it signed and graded to sell on eBay. I don't want to make this my business but I would like to supplement what I am spending. It would be nice to be able to buy a book in a city, sell it, and use the proceeds to go visit another city. For instance, the next convention I plan on going to is the ECCC in Seattle, Washington. I am doing this because I plan on meeting two people I met on the registry who grew from acquaintance to friend and secondary is to get the signature of Gerry Conway for my copy of ASM #129.

Any other suggestions for signatures? Any suggestions for sets that I should be collecting?

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

12396.JPG

See more journals by Tnerb

I think you have a great plan Tnerb...building a core collection. It's so easy to get side tracked and start buying random books here and there. I've been pretty disciplined for awhile now with my X-men appearances and I've really enjoyed watching the collection come together.

I don't have any suggestions for signatures or books to flip since I'm primarily a collector, but key issues are always a sound investment, especially like IM #55 with the new Avengers movie coming out. Any Thanos appearances really, maybe some of the Jim Starlin issues of Captain Marvel, those were great.

Statues aren't my thing, but as far as sets to collect you can always complete the X-men #94-#143 run. They may be Old Mutants, but there are still a lot of high grade raw books out there and the point value is high if you're into that kind of thing.

sig.jpg