• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'twas the sales thread before Christmas...CGC FF's and other goodies

50 posts in this topic

Okay, Santa calling! I've rifled through my bookshelves to find a range of items that might help some of you solve your Christmas dilemmas (wish someone would sort out mine). Just pleae bear in mind that shipping on some of these might be a bit expensive if you are not in the UK!

In most though not all cases I will have very similar items - though not duplicates- to those listed, so feel free to pm me if you see something you like and want more of the same and I will tell you what I have! And if certain things sell I may well put up more of the same anyway.

And whether I sell any thing or nothing, I at least hope you enjoy the show!

So if you are sitting comfortably -

Ho!Ho!Ho! Mer-ry Christmas!

Okay, let's see if anyone likes this.

CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED CARD SET $20 plus postage SOLD!- includes 26 post card sized laminated cards which imagine the Classics we never saw published but wish we had! Lots of Lovecraft, sci-fi, King Kong, The Mummy, etc. Great fun!

classics003.jpg

linky:

http://www.morbidmonster.com/altweb/Classics/index.html

..and some of the cards...

classics002.jpg

classics001.jpg

classics.jpg

1940s Wings Cigarette Cards Series A,B,C original owner set. $100 - much less than I paid for it.

Now here is a unique and wonderful item for anyone who loves planes! Someone collected all three sets of the Wings Cigarette Cards and hand tipped them into an album. As a result the cards are in pristine condition - however I believe they would be damaged if removed from the album. Card 8, Series A is missing, however there are five duplicates on a separate page. The album itself is worn and has a long tear at the spine. The cards sheets could easily be transferred to a new album but I preferred to keep cards and album together as the whole package was so lovingly assembled.

more info here:

http://pjdenterprises.com/airplane_cards/wings_cigs.html

..and here are some scans from the album...

wingscardstopps001.jpg

wingscardstopps.jpg

wingscardstopps002.jpg

THE DALEK CHRONICLES VF from the pages of TV21 Artwork by Ron Turner $75

The episodes of the Dalek comic strip first appeared in the TV Century 21 (TV21 for short) comics magazine between 1965 and 1967.

The Dalek comic strip was reprinted many times in different forms by Doctor Who Magazine (in this form it was sometimes known as The Dalek Tapes) before appearing in 1994 as graphic novel form from Marvel Comics, as a single volume, unedited and in full colour

The strip did not "soften" the nature of the Daleks in any way and made them just as evil (if not more so) than in the television stories. Interestingly, although the strip described the Thals, they never appeared in the comic. Stories shifted from sympathetic near-human protagonists (no humans appeared until the last story, in which the Daleks discover Earth) to the Emperor Dalek, who served as the hero (of sorts) of most of the stories.

The strip detailed the history of the Daleks from their creation on Skaro, to their discovery of space flight, their conquests, their war with the Mechanoids, tying into TV: The Chase. Given that the strips concluded with the Daleks' discovery of Earth, that would mean the whole comic was, in effect, a prelude to TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth.

The Dalek Chronicles gave an account of the creation of the Daleks very different from Genesis of the Daleks and a somewhat different account recounted, but not seen in TV: The Daleks. The TV 21 strips portrayed humanoid Daleks as diminutive blue men with large heads, similar in appearance to Dan Dare's Mekon and generally opposed to the Thals (though at least one Dalek wanted peace). According to the comic, these humanoid Daleks had created war machines and neutron bombs. The bombs were accidentally detonated by a meteorite fall. The explosion that followed created mutant Daleks who would use the war machines as their shells. For more information on this from a Doctor Who universe perspective, see Creation of the Daleks and Humanoid Daleks.

Later stories in the Dalek comic told of the expansion of the Dalek Empire and a lengthy war against the Mechanoids and other enemies. In the last published comic in this series, the Daleks learned the location of Earth, which they proposed to invade. Although much of the material in these strips directly contradicted what was shown on television later, some concepts, such as flying Daleks, Daleks acquiring human characteristics and turning against their masters and the design of the Dalek Emperor did show up later on in the programme.

The last story, The Road to Conflict, concerned the Daleks' first encounters with humans and their discovery of the tempting planet Earth.

dalekchronicles.jpg

dalek-chronicles.jpg

Very nice idea for the Classic Illustrated: Beautiful illustrations, a pity they used computer typeset titles, also distorted, which betrays their "fake" nature. A common thing overlooked also in movies trying to capture period atmosphere: graphic designers lack the background.

Marc Simonson wrote several pieces on this, this one is recent:

http://annyas.com/artist-movie-typography-lettering/

Good luck with the sales! :)

RUPERT THE BEAR ANNUAL 1951 - Slipcased Facsimile edition in perfect condition $20. I have lots of these from various years including the war years. Once out of print thes tend to become scarce.The scarcer ones are more expensive. Much loved and totally wonderful

rupert1951.jpg

Endpaper:

rupert-bear-annual-1951.jpg

Couldnt find any interior illos and didnt want to risk damage to the book, so here are a couple of samples from other years culled from the web:

ruph.jpg

rupg.jpg

rupi.jpg