• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wait so its a Bronze or Modern age book?

23 posts in this topic

I personally reject the idea that the Bronze age went all the way to 1985.

I think that if Cgc set the "modern" cutt off at 1980 that probably is the MAXIMUM cutt off. As we all know Cgc is not adverse to charging more if they can, so it would be to their advantage to extend the bronze age further and charge more.

CGC's pricing tiers doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what fandom considers to be the beginning and ending points of the various comic ages. For instance, CGC once considered any books starting at 1975 to be "modern."

I don't don't think it determines what the cut off actually is rather that it is just an indicator of the possible maximum.

If Cgc says anything >1980 = modern/copper then a fortiori anything post 1980 probably is not bronze.

As bronze is a higher standard temporally than modern/copper.

They don't ... CGC considers books from 1980 to 1990 to be copper age books, hence the "copper age" category in the Registry.

That copper age books are graded under the "modern" tier doesn't really mean anything - "modern", in this regard, is simply a label that CGC uses to make a distinction between newer and older books.

Fixed

I think that if Cgc set the "modern" cutt off at 1980 that probably is the MAXIMUM cutt off. As we all know Cgc is not adverse to charging more if they can, so it would be to their advantage to extend the bronze age further and charge more.

CGC's pricing tiers doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what fandom considers to be the beginning and ending points of the various comic ages. For instance, CGC once considered any books starting at 1975 to be "modern."

I don't don't think it determines what the cut off actually is rather that it is just an indicator of the possible maximum.

If Cgc says anything >1980 = modern/copper then a fortiori anything post 1980 probably is not bronze.

They don't ... CGC considers books from 1980 to 1990 to be copper age books, hence the "copper age" category in the Registry.

That copper age books are graded under the "modern" tier doesn't really mean anything - "modern", in this regard, is simply a label that CGC uses to make a distinction between newer and older books.

Fixed

I don't want to argue with you on the Internet especially as my position is not actually pivotal to the determining when the age starts and ends, but you say in your first sentence 'it does'nt really mean anything' and then proceed to state in the next sentence "it, is simply a label that CGC uses to make a distinction between newer and older books." which is its meaning. And the meaning that I said was a good indicator as modern (newer books) are unlikely to fall within the bronze age Given that implicit in the idea of "modern" is that the books are current/newer.

Fixed

Fixed

I don't want to argue with you on the Internet especially as my position is not actually pivotal to the determining when the age starts and ends, but you say in your first sentence 'it does'nt really mean anything' and then proceed to state in the next sentence "it, is simply a label that CGC uses to make a distinction between newer and older books." which is its meaning. And the meaning that I said was a good indicator as modern (newer books) are unlikely to fall within the bronze age Given that implicit in the idea of "modern" is that the books are current/newer.

You lost me with the double-quoting of yourself and the "fixed" remarks :shrug: