• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for Mike Forrester's FLATROCK02 Family

248 posts in this topic

It was suggested that I start a new thread, since the other one was over 121 pages and was getting hard to navigate..

So here it is. I will contact the people who said they will donate, or have new items up, so we can move it all here, it should be more user friendly this way...so thanks for the idea Steve.

Please post any donations, thoughts, wishes in this new thread, thank you! :foryou:

This is the blurb I had posted in the other thread

Mike's wife and child are actually living on the funds we raised. They have no means of support until his insurance comes through in about 6-8 weeks (and I don't believe it was a large amount) ...and social security. Mother and daughter will be eligible for 75 percent of Mike's SSI, but as you may or may not know it's not a huge amount and takes several months to come through. There were no savings, Mike had been working several jobs to keep up.

Pauline (Mike's widow) is blind in one eye and has no computer skills, Mike's daughter is much too young to work.

Several other people contacted me asking about donating items, or funds. I am sorry that I got kind of sidetracked with my own stuff the past few weeks, I really wanted to post something sooner.

I know we raised a lot of money, but if there are people who did not contribute before, who want to join in, or people who want to join in again... now would be the time.

I know I'm thankful for what I do have this Thanksgiving.

Thank you all again!

Just post your items in this thread if you want to donate, or contact me for their PP address if you want to send cash.

Best Wishes during the upcoming Holiday Season!

Sharon

This is information I posted in the old thread, as well

I spoke to Pauline and asked her what the little girl would like (she's 10). Pauline thanked everyone and said her daughter would be thrilled.

I was told anything, but she especially likes electronics, WII stuff, new webkins,stuffed animals, she could use a few shirts or sweaters. Pink and Light blue, LLong sleeve T-shirts with pictures of Sonic, or other characters would be great or sweaters.

I asked her to go on Amazon and make a wish list....I think her daughter should be able to do it.

Will follow through when I have more info.

Meanwhile, if you need a name and address, sizes, etc, PM me, I won't post specifics here, but I can give them to you in a PM.

Link to old thread

Thanks for starting this thread Sharon :)

For those of you who didn't know Mike, he was one of the good guys. Please help out his family if you can.

Upcoming are a few books that I bought in the previous thread for Mike. Hopefully they can do double duty and help twice.

How about some art? All proceeds to the family. Shipping within the US included.

Mark Schultz Batgirl prelims for a comission he did for me. Pencil 8.5x11.

This is the only time Mark has drawn Batgirl. $500

j9udmt.jpg

Alex Ross Earth X Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane, Harry Osborn. 14x17 vellum.

$400

Will be shipped rolled as that will be safer than flat.

20thy1k.jpg

Gene Ha Toy Box 8.5x11 Con Sketch. $50 shipped

o9r61s.jpg

Hi Sharon,

Is Mikes paypall address still the same as it was in the other thread?

If so I still have it and if this is where donations are to be sent I will send a donation now and pledge $20 a month for the next year.

Thanks

comeaux

Hi Sharon,

Is Mikes paypall address still the same as it was in the other thread?

If so I still have it and if this is where donations are to be sent I will send a donation now and pledge $20 a month for the next year.

Thanks

comeaux

Same as it was in the other thread...his wife is using the same account. That is SO kind of you, and what a great idea ! (worship):foryou:

The Walking Dead German Variant.

$30 inc shipping - all money to Mikes account.

Never knew him,but know how hard it is to raise a family in times of trouble.

Sharon,you will let me know when ok to send?

132213.jpg.4babea95cb7fd5417b54d550b3be0959.jpg