• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Acquires Classics Inc - Response to your Questions

1,162 posts in this topic

The running joke in certification is when something becomes too hard or unprofitable to detect, it's the next notch on the "unable to detect' list.

One can only chuckle at a defense of pressing that lauds it as a benign process on the one hand, and one that few collectors care about, and yet on the other bemoans the prospect that identifying it on the CGC label or graders notes would place a stigma on pressed books and lower their desirability and value in the marketplace.

It is benign. Few do care. Most don't.

It's probably only fearful to a few because they know some a-holes will go out of their way to make it a bad thing.

It's probably more of a concern to CGC, because if the the slim chance in hell it did become a stigma even in the eyes of just a few, Or better yet, just the fear of a stigma would be reason enough for customers to choose a competitor. There is legit competition for that service. Something CGC isn't used to.

Other than that, Bob, why don't you go back to figuring out which books to press, or which books you can market as unpressed (potential for upgrade) in order to maximize your profit on each individual book. Or partner up on some more books that get pressed and subbed on site in order to increase odds of getting the best grade possible.

Then come back and tell us how much you disagree with pressing, and show us some more recessed staples that have been that way for 50 years.

To make a long story short. STFU, Bob.

Keep on misrepresenting me all you want. Never marketed a book for upgrade potential. Never partnered on any book. Been submitting books onsite since CGC first offered it in Philly back in 2005. Been selling long unpressed runs of high grade and leaving money on the table since then as well. Want others who prefer collecting unpressed high grade to continue to have that option. Never lobbed vile personal insults at somebody with a different view or stance.

Haters gonna hate.

The running joke in certification is when something becomes too hard or unprofitable to detect, it's the next notch on the "unable to detect' list.

One can only chuckle at a defense of pressing that lauds it as a benign process on the one hand, and one that few collectors care about, and yet on the other bemoans the prospect that identifying it on the CGC label or graders notes would place a stigma on pressed books and lower their desirability and value in the marketplace.

It's probably only fearful to a few because they know some a-holes will go out of their way to make it a bad thing.

It's probably more of a concern to CGC, because if the the slim chance in hell it did become a stigma even in the eyes of just a few, Or better yet, just the fear of a stigma would be reason enough for customers to choose a competitor. There is legit competition for that service. Something CGC isn't used to.

Other than that, Bob, why don't you go back to figuring out which books to press, or which books you can market as unpressed (potential for upgrade) in order to maximize your profit on each individual book. Or partner up on some more books that get pressed and subbed on site in order to increase odds of getting the best grade possible.

Then come back and tell us how much you disagree with pressing, and show us some more recessed staples that have been that way for 50 years.

Keep on misrepresenting me all you want.

Haters gonna hate.

And lovers gonna love

Come on guys

How about a big manhug

Keep on misrepresenting me all you want. Never marketed a book for upgrade potential. Never partnered on any book. Been submitting books onsite since CGC first offered it in Philly back in 2005.

I'm going to start a new collection based on NON-conservation.

None of my books can ever have been preserved. They must be OO and found in an attic or basement, buried away in a Falstaff Beer box...Untouched by human hands for at least a decade or three, and never EVER put in Mylar, bagged or boarded.

If it can acheive a 9.6 pre-sub, delivered by me on a sterilized glass platter (but not actually encapsulated. What? You think I'm crazy?), then and only then will I add it to my collection. Displayed on it's very own porcelain shrine.

Pre-1970 only. None of this modern age stuff.

I'm going to steal a laser gun from the Russians that'll tell me if my books have been anywhere near a Hot Flips product. And if there's an Encyclopedia Britanica anywhere in the house, that comic is OUT!

Mylar is pressing. Conservation is cheating. I want it noted, or CGC MUST be up to something.

Keep on misrepresenting me all you want. Never marketed a book for upgrade potential. Never partnered on any book. Been submitting books onsite since CGC first offered it in Philly back in 2005. Been selling long unpressed runs of high grade and leaving money on the table since then as well. Want others who prefer collecting unpressed high grade to continue to have that option. Never lobbed vile personal insults at somebody with a different view or stance.

Haters gonna hate.

:signfunny: