• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ComicBook Channel C.C...Would you subscribe

27 posts in this topic

I always wondered with today's channel 500 universe on satellite would it be possible for a all comicbook channel to work.Would you subscribe and what would you like to see as some of the programming.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

nope. It'd be too much comics all the time.

Yeah,...I kind of agree,..TV is a place I go to get away from comics,...not that TV is that much better,....one of these days I'm just going to march upstairs and open the basement door and do something,.... outside in the sunlight,...maybe tomorrow,...for sure,....but not now.....

nope. It'd be too much comics all the time.

you don't have to watch that channel everyday of every hour,but it would be part of your subscription package.....also they would have I guess tv shows base on comics,movies and so on.

Can you see Vincent on camera, behind a desk with a coffee cup, interviewing Ian McKellen and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos?

Or Steve B. coming on and doing "Stupid Grading Tricks"?

Steve: "See, we take this pile of NM Hulk 181's and we toss them down a set of stairs like this.....(audience: GASP!) 893whatthe.gif.

Plitch: (at bottom of staircase)...."And then those that end up on the top of the pile get 9.6s, those beneath get 9.4s and the ones on the bottom get 9.2 or 9.0, depending on if it's close to lunch."

Steve: "Next week, I'll show you how I graded one of the original Mile High Tip Top Comics, outdooors, while playing tetherball with my daughter Rachel!" (applause!) 893applaud-thumb.gif

Vincent: "So join us next week, when our guests will be Blazing Bob Storms and Doug "Captain Tripps" Schmell. And we'll play our audience participation game....Pin the Scan on Hammer!@" 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

At first when I read this I thought NO WAY, but then.....

Movies......Superman, Batman, Spider-man, X-men

T.V.......Superfriends, WW, Batman, old spider-man, all the toons??

History and background.

Selling at night

interviews.....Kevin Smith, Stan Lee etc.

Con reports

I bet it could fly, just not enough people with interest.

I always wondered with today's channel 500 universe on satellite would it be possible for a all comicbook channel to work.Would you subscribe and what would you like to see as some of the programming.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you put it that way. I can actually see this working....I'm sure a lot of kids would toon in for the cartoons..

Can you see Vincent on camera, behind a desk with a coffee cup, interviewing Ian McKellen and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos?

Or Steve B. coming on and doing "Stupid Grading Tricks"?

Steve: "See, we take this pile of NM Hulk 181's and we toss them down a set of stairs like this.....(audience: GASP!) 893whatthe.gif.

Plitch: (at bottom of staircase)...."And then those that end up on the top of the pile get 9.6s, those beneath get 9.4s and the ones on the bottom get 9.2 or 9.0, depending on if it's close to lunch."

Steve: "Next week, I'll show you how I graded one of the original Mile High Tip Top Comics, outdooors, while playing tetherball with my daughter Rachel!" (applause!) 893applaud-thumb.gif

Vincent: "So join us next week, when our guests will be Blazing Bob Storms and Doug "Captain Tripps" Schmell. And we'll play our audience participation game....Pin the Scan on Hammer!@" 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif if you ever write a book about anything

i'm buying it you are tooo funny.

it'll only work if you showed superhero shows/cartoons. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And it wouldn't work even then.....

There are only a limited amount of comics related shows. They would constantly be showing the same shows over and over again. It great at first to see shows that haven't been repeated in years but the allure wears out mighty quick once you've seen the same episodes for the fifth or sixth time. The amount of different comic shows over the years don't have the depth to overcome this.....893frustrated.gif

Jim

At first when I read this I thought NO WAY, but then.....

Movies......Superman, Batman, Spider-man, X-men

T.V.......Superfriends, WW, Batman, old spider-man, all the toons??

History and background.

Selling at night

interviews.....Kevin Smith, Stan Lee etc.

Con reports

I bet it could fly, just not enough people with interest.

I think it could work. Have a GRADING 101 segment, and one which allows viewers to FLIP through some of the greatest comics. thumbsup2.gif

It would be a hugh hit. Interviews. Neil Gaiman as the host, (New host every week) Jim Lee, McFarland.

Whats hot, Key CGC sales of the week, Stan lee, Key Auctions once a week on Friday nights , Jim Shooter, Chuck R could be a monthly guest with fanboys calling in.(Who would miss that) History of comics, movie reviews Ebay update. Live remotes at the Comic cons. The science of grading.

This show is only limited to our imagination. I would subscribe and never miss it. Interviews with Steve B, live tours of CGC, CGG .You get 200,000 fanboys paying 6 dollars a month equals $1.2 million a month. Wow.

Well they have a network G4 that deals with video games. So it may work.

Some ideas for shows

1) contact Tony DiGerolamo about updating the COMIC BOOK SHOW

2) Dark Shadow soap opera

3)When the WB drops the reality show Who Wants to Be a Superhero? They could pick it up and run with it.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-17992/Who_Wants_to_Be_a_Superhero/

It would be a hugh hit. Interviews. Neil Gaiman as the host, (New host every week) Jim Lee, McFarland.

Whats hot, Key CGC sales of the week, Stan lee, Key Auctions once a week on Friday nights , Jim Shooter, Chuck R could be a monthly guest with fanboys calling in.(Who would miss that) History of comics, movie reviews Ebay update. Live remotes at the Comic cons. The science of grading.

This show is only limited to our imagination. I would subscribe and never miss it. Interviews with Steve B, live tours of CGC, CGG .You get 200,000 fanboys paying 6 dollars a month equals $1.2 million a month. Wow.

base on other speciality channels like Speed channel or G4/TechTv and the (Spice channel).... devil.gif there is a market for anything.