• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed by...?

13 posts in this topic

This thread may or may not catch on but my though was that we could have a place to ask if anyone on the boards knows if a book exists signed by a specific writer/artist etc.

I was thinking this morning about my 9.2 SS Batman #232. It's signed by Adams & Giordanno and I know that when I bought it the seller also had 9.4 and 9.6 copies with the same signatures on them. My question is: Of the 69 SS copies on the census does anyone know of any copy out there that is signed by Neal Adams, D ick Giordanno and Denny O'Neil? To the best of my recollection I've never seen one. I'm considering subbing my 9.2 at ECCC for O'Neil because I think it would be awesome to have all three on the same book plus it was originally slabbed in, I believe, 2007 so it's to the point where it could use new micro-chamber sheets.

Tim, I am going from recollection, but I am virtually certain that I have seen all three on the same 232.
hm Do you remember the grade? I'm going to have to give some serious thought to having mine cracked and adding O'Neil.

I think it was a 9.4. It was someone that didn't surprise me as having it - George or alwaysbronze, maybe MedicAR. Black sigs and done before Giordanos sig got a little shaky. Just gorgeous.

The only hesitation I have with cracking and subbing mine for O'Neil is I know he's not always very conscious about his sig placement.

Make a window bag.

The only hesitation I have with cracking and subbing mine for O'Neil is I know he's not always very conscious about his sig placement.

Make a window bag.

And keep it to about two inches long. O'Neill sometimes has a superstretcher sig.

Even with a window bag it will only help if the facilitator uses it.

Ship it in the window bag with a backing board over it as a protective shield. Or start using a facilitator that gives a mess about your comics.

I've been lucky. I can honestly say I haven't had a facilitator mess up so far. With this particular book it's more of an issue of not being able to replace it if something goes wrong, which can happen. I'm probably being paranoid about it but I consider it one of the crown jewels in my collection and would hate to see it turn out poorly.

I've been lucky. I can honestly say I haven't had a facilitator mess up so far. With this particular book it's more of an issue of not being able to replace it if something goes wrong, which can happen. I'm probably being paranoid about it but I consider it one of the crown jewels in my collection and would hate to see it turn out poorly.

Agreed. I would be careful as well. I should have given you one of these. :baiting:

Agreed. I would be careful as well. I should have given you one of these. :baiting:

Or one of these... :makepoint:

lol