• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another CGC frustration

127 posts in this topic

Dang, sorry about this misfortune Dan :( Definitely not fair to any buyer if a book were to be resubmitted that was previously in a blue label and returned to you back in a purple or even green label. I guess there are still a handful of micro-trimmed books that passed through the eyes of CGC.

I think you should crack it out and keep it in a mylar. It's less distracting that way.

Depending on the value of the book, I'd still resubmit it to see if it was just a false detection the second time around.

But its already been tainted. I think the mylar option is the best bet, heck I would like to own it at the right price.

hm

This thread is on a win level of 12.. The things being said out loud..... I now laugh about every pressing debate ever.

All this thread needs is for the CGC apologists to come riding in on horse back.

This is my favorite.. "I buy slabs because I don't want to get stuck with a restored book" lolz are had..

In all honest, they are not infallible, everyone makes mistakes. But being as he cracked it and sent it in. It is on his hands. Now if he sent it in to be regraded, and THEY cracked it out. Different story.

Different story how? You mean it should be CGC's responsibility or something in that case? Aside from the fact that I don't think they regrade when they reholder, if they do ... as long as the comic's been trimmed, don't we want it labeled that way?

I love this thread. Seriously, win!!
You shouldn't submit the way you do. You were obviously asking for it. :cool:

This thread is on a win level of 12.. The things being said out loud..... I now laugh about every pressing debate ever.

All this thread needs is for the CGC apologists to come riding in on horse back.

This is my favorite.. "I buy slabs because I don't want to get stuck with a restored book" lolz are had..

In all honest, they are not infallible, everyone makes mistakes. But being as he cracked it and sent it in. It is on his hands. Now if he sent it in to be regraded, and THEY cracked it out. Different story.

Different story how? You mean it should be CGC's responsibility or something in that case? Aside from the fact that I don't think they regrade when they reholder, if they do ... as long as the comic's been trimmed, don't we want it labeled that way?

I am saying that even though the book was sent with the label, there is still possibility of tampering. But if cgc cracked it, there is no chance. Making cgc responsible for any loss on the owners end. And I am not implying Dan did anything at all, just looking at it from a business stand point. And I feel sorry for Dan, i would be bummed.

I love this thread. Seriously, win!!
You shouldn't submit the way you do. You were obviously asking for it. :cool:
yammering tardz for life!
:headbang: