• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch opp with Sara Richard final work on display now

89 posts in this topic

So New Orleans Comic Con is right around the corner. I was psyched to attend this year until I found out that my wifes law firm is having its Xmas party the same day. I figure I am not alone in missing the show therefore I sent an email to Sara Richard and asked if she would be willing to do some covers for those of us unable to attend the show.

Unfortunately she will be busy with the show and said that she wouldn't have time to complete 10 covers this weekend and drop them off.

However after talking some she graciously agreed and promised that once she returns from New Orleans that she will do 10 covers for us and mail them to cgc.

Personally I found this to be fantastic news as I think her at home work blows her show commissions away. Working at home allows her to spend more time on them and get more detail/color into them.

So after getting the green light from CGC I would like to announce 10 1 spot available for full color sketch cover commissions from Sara Richard.

The books will ship from my house to her in NH and from her home to CGC. Completely 100% insured along the way. She will start drawing here in the next week when she returns from the Big Easy.

Sara-Richard-banner1.jpg

About Sara

Ever since I was a wee nugget, art has been a huge part of my life. Now at the ripe old age of 25, I am currently working on solidifying a signature illustration style and freelancing with a consistent client being Hasbro.

I graduated from The Columbus College of Art & Design in May 2008 and landed a temp. position at Hasbro a few weeks later. My term was up in January 2008 and so I was thrust into the harsh wilderness that is freelancing. From that however, and between jobs from Hasbro, I began developing a style that incorporated my love of Art Nouveau and wildlife (mostly the extinct kind). It also opened up time for me to learn a little bit of hang-gliding too, which I think is an essential skill to have especially with no health insurance. Next up, the fine art of power kite jumping!

I love comics, toys, cartoons, anime, anything nerdy: I will devour it like a fat kid at IHOP. Cosplay is another one of my many geek-tacular activities. I'm a part of a cosplay team called Human Sushi with my two best friends, Abby and J'aimie (see our finer nerd-moments on the Youtube).

The little dinosaur thing I have can be summed up as this: "Dinosaurs are freaking cool." I've been asked about this interest of mine many times and it confuses my why people think liking dinosaurs needs to be something you have to grow out of. I think I actually grew into it since I've always considered "Jurassic Park" one of my favorite movies, I didn't actually become paleo-obsessed until senior year at CCAD.

A couple last tidbits be these: I'm heavily inspired by Japanese Ink Paintings (sumi-e) for their simplicity in composition, so much so that my signature is "Sara" in katakana (the Japanese alphabet system for foreign words and names.) and that I try to emulate the simplicity in my work. And also, I'm terrified of centipedes.

Currently my work is being displayed at:

Funky + Functional Columbus, Ohio

Prelude Portsmouth, NH

There will be two different options for this sketch opp:

1) Full Figure in Color

The cost for this is 215$ this covers CGC and all shipping with insurance. You may add fast track for an extra 10$.

The break down is 150$ for Sara, 33$ for cgc, 12$ for ups shipping to you, 20$ for a blank, shipping to Sara, from Sara to CGC and paypal fees.

Examples of option #1 (215$):

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_6175.jpg

SKMBT_C25312071314350_0007.jpg

FFCoverRichard.jpg

img209.jpg

MystiqueSaraRichard.jpg

Richard.jpg

spidey_convention_sketch_by_sararichard-d3jmc4x.jpg

2) Double Figure Color

The cost for this is 290$ this covers CGC and shipping with insurance. You may add fast track for an extra 10$.

The break down is 225$ for Sara, 33$ for cgc, 12$ for ups shipping to you, 20$ for a blank, shipping to Sara, from Sara to CGC and paypal fees.

Examples of option #2 (290$):

SaraRichard_RG.jpg

tumblr_lift3j92OT1qbladco1_500.jpg

If you are interested in this opp please post a :takeit: . Once all 10 spots are claimed I will start a group PM. In that pm I will invoice everyone, take character references and requests as well as post photos of the completed work.

I have the following blanks that I can provide for free if you need one. If not you will need to mail me a blank of your own. If you send your own blank you may subtract 5$ from the total amount.

X-Men Legacy Marvel Now x15

All New X-Men Marvel Now x15

Fantastic Four Marvel Now x15

Thor Marvel Now x15

Captain America Marvel Now x15

Batman #0 x3

Green Lantern x15

Wolverine #1 x2

Wolverine #300 x1

Deadpool #50 x2

Wolverine and the X-Men #1 x1

X-Men #1 x5

For these please add 5$ to the total

Avengers #1 x8

Marvel Projects x3

if you plan to use one of my blanks please post which one when placing the :takeit:

Payment can be made via:

PayPal, Check, or Money Order

Also all prices listed above are for US shipping address only. If you live in Canada or Overseas please contact me and let me know so that I can invoice you correctly for shipping. Your shipping costs will be exact.

Also I know that Black Friday may have drained some wallets so if you are interested in a spot but cant afford to pay right away send me a pm. We can work something out as final payment does not need to be made until December 14th.

Ha! I had an idea for something similar with my dog and my brother's two dogs (one named for a video game character, one is a Batman villain). . . but it had a twist! The one I have confirmed is for my sister-in-law.

What size and medium is that?