• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Marvel Omnibus stuff...

29 posts in this topic

What's really sad is that there has never been a Dr. Strange omnibus.

Or Daredevil. I'd buy both.

What cover do you think they would they use for Dr Strange? Most of the ST covers were split with the Torch.

There have been quite a few Daredevil omnibuses.

Starting from his first appearance? Not yet.

I collect Omnibuses. I have 25 I believe now. They look great on a shelf.

Daredevil really needs an Omnibus that starts from Issue #1. I dont believe he has one from the start. He definitely has Brubaker/Bendis and Frank Miller ones however.

Dr. Strange certainly needs one also.

Daredevil really needs an Omnibus that starts from Issue #1. I dont believe he has one from the start. He definitely has Brubaker/Bendis and Frank Miller ones however.

To me Daredevil hit it's stride when Gene Colan came on, but that was issue #20, which means they'd do one small 1st volume of the Pre-Colan work, and then do Colan in V2 with issues 20 and go from there....

To me Daredevil hit it's stride when Gene Colan came on, but that was issue #20, which means they'd do one small 1st volume of the Pre-Colan work, and then do Colan in V2 with issues 20 and go from there....

So you're telling me TWO Daredevil Omnibuses!?!?!?!

Oh please let it be so! :whee:

well that would be my rationale based on how they've done other omnibuses in the past (using key creator changes as dividing lines in books). Since there's no big arc to decide a natural end to an Omnibus starting at Dardevil #1, I'd hazzard a guess that they'd use the addition of Colan as the line.

Can you think of any other natural pause in the first 30 issues of Daredevil?

well that would be my rationale based on how they've done other omnibuses in the past (using key creator changes as dividing lines in books). Since there's no big arc to decide a natural end to an Omnibus starting at Dardevil #1, I'd hazzard a guess that they'd use the addition of Colan as the line.

Can you think of any other natural pause in the first 30 issues of Daredevil?

No, you're right and I would be pleased as punch for that to happen.

Do we know why Marvel hasn't done them yet? Are they waiting for around the time of the movie to pimp it out (like they did with the Avengers Omnibus for example)? Because God knows when that will be.

For some reason I like the soft bound tpb's for the early superhero stuff. (shrug)

I am going to pick up two Omnibi though: That Amazing Fantasy one with all the Kiby/Ditko monster stuff and the Women of Marvel one that has the only reprinting of the Night Nurse series.

I just have to find them at a price I'm willing to pay. :)