• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1

29 posts in this topic

Auction just ended at 3450.99. If you ask me not a bad price at all keeping in mind the investment potential of this book in the future. I thought this book would easily hit 5k or 6k. I wonder if I just overestimated the book or if something put off potential biiders from driving the price higher.

I would have bid higher, but he doesn't take personal checks or paypal. And, with my job and schedule, I can't ethically justify leaving work to get a money order or banker's check to buy a comic book. I emailed the seller to ask him again, but he didn't budge. His loss.

I just received a SCAM E-MAIL saying that this sale did not go through and that the item was available for purchase through eBay's "Second Chance Offer" system. Of course, when you get a real Second Chance Offer, it specifies a price and you click on a link that gives you the opportunity to buy the item on the spot instead of this FRAUD which tells you to e-mail the "seller".

Beware of this one, folks - it contains a few classic SCAM lines (notably announcing "Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid is now available for purchase" (which is both too wordy and eBay would never call the failure of a previously agreed-upon transaction "good news").

Unlike other scams, this e-mail contains only 1 spelling error (in the fine print) and has no Australian e-mail addresses, so some people who don't look closely could fall for this - BEWARE!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up Gene. These scammers are getting more sophisticated. I thought it was odd that I was being contacted as I must've been 15th or 20th down on the list, but anyway I barely looked at it because I wasn't interested in buying it.