• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Todd McFarlane and the new Venom

31 posts in this topic

I just wanted to ask, because I have the 2011 Venom (Flash) 1st print 9.8 CGC with a number of signatures on it. I want to add Todd McFarlane and Stan Lee to it for it to be complete, but I wanted to ask a few questions before I attempt this. One, Would it be a tool move to even ask McFarlane to sign it? I know he is cool as heck, but would he even do it if I submitted it for CGC SS? And Two, would CGC even recognize the signature for that specific book? Would they still SS his signature on this book? I mean, he had a hand in creating Venom... So, I thought Id ask

Im new to the forums, but I did a search and didnt see anyone even ask anything like this haha!

This book

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rmwP7p79kaE/TdvlIZa6yMI/AAAAAAAAA34/10FSCnFfRRI/s1600/Venom+1.jpg

i think if you bring up a an ASM 300 along with it to be signed, and tell him how venom is your favorite character, it my help.

Right now the only way to get CGC SS McFarlane is through DWC......................................

It is impossible to do it any other way. Not at shows or in public anymore because of their arrangement.

I remember when I could go to his toy signings all around NYC and get lots of sigs! The line was so short. Cosimo was able to get a Spawn sketch....ah the old days

How far back are we talking about?...like mid-90s??

I remember when I could go to his toy signings all around NYC and get lots of sigs! The line was so short. Cosimo was able to get a Spawn sketch....ah the old days

I remember that too - ahh, the joy of non-exclusive exclusive creator arrangements :(

As long as its witnessed properly, CGC will SS any signature on anycomic. book

Todd being kool asheck? Maybe. If you were 12 and this were 1993.

Thats a funny coincidence! I was 12 in 1993 and thats when I was collecting Spawn and things of the like (Venom etc). Im a little new to the whole signature thing, but since Stan Lee is getting up in age, I figured Id try and get some, and Todd as well.

This is not true, just in case anyone is easily lulled into belief by stupidity on the Internet.

Wait, I can't get sean fingh's sig on just any book that I wish to? Way to ruin my Christmas sir.

:sorry:

What sort of situations will CGC not allow a sig to be witnessed and subbed to Sig Series?

This is not true, just in case anyone is easily lulled into belief by stupidity on the Internet.

Wait, I can't get sean fingh's sig on just any book that I wish to? Way to ruin my Christmas sir.

:sorry:

What sort of situations will CGC not allow a sig to be witnessed and subbed to Sig Series?

They will not knowingly let someone that had nothing to do with a book get a sig certified on that book. This isn't to say that it hasn't happened - I have no idea. But the established policy is not to allow people to just willy-nilly sign stuff. Especially people that are not comic creators.

So I couldn't sign anything. Dan Partouche and JJ have been drawn into a couple of comics, so it is possible that they could sign those, but I would get CGC's approval first.

They will not knowingly let someone that had nothing to do with a book get a sig certified on that book. This isn't to say that it hasn't happened - I have no idea. But the established policy is not to allow people to just willy-nilly sign stuff.

How tenuous can the connection between otherwise non-related creator and book be? For instance, say for some reason Don Rosa decided that he loves Signature Series now and will sign anything. A Scrooge fan says, "I think I would like Rosa to sign some Carl Barks Duck books from which Rosa drew inspiration for many of his stories." Would CGC allow Rosa to then sign a Scrooge book he didn't work on from before his time?

I remember that too - ahh, the joy of non-exclusive exclusive creator arrangements :(

It is truly a shame... :(

They will not knowingly let someone that had nothing to do with a book get a sig certified on that book. This isn't to say that it hasn't happened - I have no idea. But the established policy is not to allow people to just willy-nilly sign stuff.

How tenuous can the connection between otherwise non-related creator and book be? For instance, say for some reason Don Rosa decided that he loves Signature Series now and will sign anything. A Scrooge fan says, "I think I would like Rosa to sign some Carl Barks Duck books from which Rosa drew inspiration for many of his stories." Would CGC allow Rosa to then sign a Scrooge book he didn't work on from before his time?

I think that would be fine. It is like letting people sign books that have characters they created in them and whatnot. Realistically, if the person is a comic professional, then CGC is not going to care. It is the concept that "anyone can sign anything" as long as it is in front of a witness that is wrong. Regular people cannot get SS'd (absent CGC specifically allowing it.).