• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's up with Counters on eBay?

15 posts in this topic

Maybe your visiting accounts for that "1" showing up on the counter confused-smiley-013.gif

OMFGOMFGOMFG!

news.gifThe first sign of the Crash!! news.gif

And lo the first seal was broken and all counters on ebay did read 1 , not 0 and not 2 ... and 3 is definitely out, but 1.

Maybe your visiting accounts for that "1" showing up on the counter confused-smiley-013.gif

Right, but we are talking about a dozen different auctions from different sellers, many up since last night. Hard to imagine I am the only one viewing them (considering they are auctions for CGC books).

Post some links to one or two here and we'll all click on em and see if the counters move. It is possible that you were the only one to view them since listing...remember they don't appear right away in the searches after listing

Post some links to one or two here and we'll all click on em and see if the counters move. It is possible that you were the only one to view them since listing...remember they don't appear right away in the searches after listing

..Um,,hey yeah,..I um think my counters are broken on my auctions too!!,...can um,....a couple of you hit my auctions up so I can see if it's working,...maybe put a few light bids on too just in case,...cause I think my bids are frozen too........

my broken auctions...

Those counters only work when they feel like it.

They must be unionized or something. sumo.gif

frown.gif Yep...they sometimes don't update for over a day. It's been screwy lately! foreheadslap.gif

My counters show different numbers at work (broadband connection) than they do at home (dial-up connection). The dail up counter numbers are always lower (substantially) than the broadband numbers. Coincidence?

Oh, and what do you expect for free anyway? insane.gif

I agree that lately they are are especially useless/inaccurate. I have items with 1-3 people having them on their watch list, and the counter is stuck at 1 (obviously not accurate if the item is on several ebayers lists). I also know that some items I paid for a gallery picture have a bid on them, with the counter stuck at one (doubtful that an item with gallery exposure and a bona-fide bid would be stuck at 1 view).

To be fair, the counters have been hit and miss for the past 6-12 months. The odd thing is that it seems that the counters start counting page views not that long before an auction is scheduled to end.

Another problem is that a ton of times the counter never loads, or just comes up with an X in the box.

I know I should not give eBay ideas, but if they were to charge me 5 cents to place a counter on my auctions I might bite if paying for the counter would guarantee an accurate tally of unique eBayers who have happened upon my auction, and I knew the darn thing would load everytime I checked out my auction.

Enjoy The Week!

Christopher H