• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey Into Mystery #83 updated with 2nd part

35 posts in this topic

Two things, one is I didn't mention that the pages were washed to try and remove the stains, and the label notes pages lightened. I think I assumed everyone would notice this but it looks like that was incorrect.

Also, the original intention of this thread was to get an objective grade on the book before the restoration work, so that when I post this project over in the restoration forum I could give an objective grade, but then I thought it would be fun to let everyone guess the new grade after restoration since you all probably don't get that kind of PGM thread often.

I am working on the other thread today and will reveal the grade later on today.

Looks like you lost a little ink on p 12. Is that from the washing or a by-product of the leaf casting?

You've come a long way very quickly, congrats!

I think that is from stray paper pulp that I didn't clean off, especially since none of my wash only comparisons ever showed any ink loss, pages are tough in that regard.