• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting the Worst Grade Possible

6 posts in this topic

Or Is it Worth it?

I don't know why but I have a fascination with books graded .5. It started with an Amazing Spider-Man, followed by another one, and eventually a copy of Avengers. Most recently, and most likely my last CGC book of the year I bid on and on a copy of Iron Man #55. It was the highest priced poor copy I ever got.

I will get more, I guarantee it, but will I send in a book knowing it will get that same grade? I have a copy of Daredevil #5. I purchased it originally because of the cover and I wanted a book older than my issue #7 and the condition made it dirt cheap. There was water damage, the first page is detached, chips, flakes, blunt corners, and well do many more defects that I would have to list everything.

I always planned in getting a better copy. I want more than anything else in my collection to have issues 1-10 in a 9.0 or higher with signatures. A next to impossible feat. I have one out of ten, the other nine will be somewhat of a treacherous journey to attain. But what if I tried getting one through ten in a .5, also a bit treacherous.

What do you like to get that possibly no one else does? What's your simple pleasure.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

And for my latest review, Indestructible Hulk #2

http://ashotofcomics.blogspot.com/2012/12/indestructible-roundabout-review-as.html

12728.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

I am sure other do both of these, but I collect original art and sketches from the conventions. They are great and usually one of a kind, sort of. lol. I also collect, keep, all my video games. I do not keep the packaging or the case, they go into the garbage (except for collector RPG’s). Then they go into my cd/dvd type holder. This saves on space.

Interesting about the .5 comics. Personally, I'd only like a comic in that grade if it were a mega key or something.

biggblaster - my OCD makes me keep all the packaging and cases for my videogames. Plus, when you want/need/have to resell them, you can get full value instead of a loose game.

As for my simple pleasure, I'm trying to complete an issue of a comic. So far I have 7, soon to be 8, of 23 pieces.