• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver/Bronze CGC Spideys for sale...

37 posts in this topic

Wow, that was a lot of work. sumo.gif

The grades are too high for me.

I need some of those books in GVG. frown.gif

I had to scan them anyway for the ebay auctions, so I figured it would be worth it.

Out of curiousity, are you looking for CGC'd G/VG copies?

I don't think the two books with the light sub crease (it's amazing how defects like this disappear inside the case) will sell for much more than the grading cost. If you made me an offer near that I would probably take it.

For those that made offers - thank you. I'm going to give it until Monday to respond to everyone.

you know people should really check out your books to tighten up their mid grade grading. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif you have many perfect examples to compare with. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I was thinking the same thing when I sumitted them. I had only submitted stuff that was uber-high grade before this, and I had great success on 8.5s to 9.4s on the SA in this same collection (they are all sold, sorry).

The spideys afforded me an opportunity, by being desirable in the mid grades due to demand, a chance to see how CGC handles this area. I tried to pick out 5.0+ for the #20-30, and 7.0+ for #30 and up. The exceptions being the two with the light sub crease.

They did not give these two any quarter whatsoever despite being 7.0+ (maybe even 8.0+) otherwise.

And, you can see I had varying degrees of success with my other choices. Overall I think I did pretty well. My overall impression is that they are extremely tough on these books, uncompromising to say the least. I see a large gap between the desirability of a book and the grade given to it in many cases. It would be nice to have a less technical factor than the number grade assigned. Certainly, this can usually be determined from direct inspection, but in the small electronic based world we live in, these qualities can be lost.

This is not me whining either. I think each of the grades given to these books is the result of applying a rigorous standard to them, and I think it was applied well.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Wow, that was a lot of work. sumo.gif

The grades are too high for me.

I need some of those books in GVG. frown.gif

I had to scan them anyway for the ebay auctions, so I figured it would be worth it.

Out of curiousity, are you looking for CGC'd G/VG copies?

I don't think the two books with the light sub crease (it's amazing how defects like this disappear inside the case) will sell for much more than the grading cost. If you made me an offer near that I would probably take it.

For those that made offers - thank you. I'm going to give it until Monday to respond to everyone.

Raw GVG copies.

But I'd take CGC or CGG.

On 3.0-4.0 range there is little price difference for $20-$40 books. smile.gif

Anyone else want to recue these from the market? These are going to appear on ebay in the following weeks...

These are sold:

ASM 56 (8.0)

ASM 60 (8.0)

ASM 61 (8.5)

ASM 70 (8.0)

Thanks all.