• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The comic collector's dilema

66 posts in this topic

Here are some other solutions:

store in mylar and don't touch

Or my favorite solution:

You sonofab........ << crash >>...................... dirty rotten sack of s ............ << bam >> ............... lousy stinking bast ............. << boom >> ......... gasp ......... my cgc cases ...... I've cracked them ...... You'll pay for this Andrew ...... oh ....... how you'll pay. mad.gif

Well, I failed to mention this earlier, but one of my favorite, and most effective stroage methods is to store in mylar and don't touch. I should definetly start advocating this technique more strongly. tongue.gif

Oh, and I do pay bug...............too much in many cases. grin.gif

It seems that no one so far has hit on the ideal blance.
Au contraire...what's good enough for the original copies of the paper the US Constitution is printed on is good enough for me! There are copies of that on display in museums for the public to come in and look at. If a piece of paper hundreds of years older than a comic can be displayed, why can't you display your comics?

If you're really a doubting thomas, I suggest you go to a museum where paper documents are displayed. What you'll almost certainly find is that the air is cool, dry, and that the lights are dimmed considerably. That's how my comic room is with the comics on the walls--dehumidifier in there for the late spring/summer/early fall, cool temp, and a dimmable light set to somewhere below 1/2 strength with a lamp available for when I want to look at books under full light. The only thing I'm currently aware of that could improve the storage at all is vacuum-sealed nitrogen-fed cases...but next to NOBODY has those. If anyone does, please share your experience in buying and using it!

Light exposure is cumulative, but a few weak-intensity lumens every day or so ain't gonna be noticable until your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren look back at any photos you may have taken of the books in your day.