• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlando Comic Expo - May 18-19, 2013

40 posts in this topic

I forgot that I already committed to going to Disney on the 18th for the start of Star Wars Weekends. Bad planning on my part.

I'll be at the show on the 19th. Can't wait.

Anyone interested in getting stuff for CGC Signature Series and will be attending the show feel free to PM me for my cell number or just stop by Pike's comics booth, he will know how to get ahold of me.

As far as I know I am the only CGC facilitator with a CAW for this show.

See you all this weekend

Very good show, at least for us buyers. Much better selection of vintage material then last time. Wish I had more then just a couple of hours to look around. Didn't really get to look through Rick's (Capt Comics) material, but I'll be sure to hit up his booth at Heroes in a few weeks. If it weren't a four hour round-trip, I'd be tempted to go back tomorrow.

And Christian, I'm so sorry I didn't drop by to stay and chat. We need to get together soon and have some Three Rivers BBQ or something. :foryou:

Any Con reports from the second day? Perhaps some dealers can tell us how sales and foot traffic in general was? :popcorn:

I'm curious how the show went, myself.

Anyone have a report? Dealers, attendees, promotors?

Any Con reports from the second day? Perhaps some dealers can tell us how sales and foot traffic in general was? :popcorn:

I'm curious how the show went, myself.

Anyone have a report? Dealers, attendees, promotors?

I expect KingOfRulers is preparing an official report for us, Mike; but, I wanted to go ahead & offer a few words.

Last weekend was Orlando Comic Expo 2. It went from a Sunday show to a Saturday/Sunday show & succeeded in increasing attendance by 50%, I believe.

I surveyed most dealers & can offer a mixed report. Some did well: Chris Klem & Crazy Ed. Some didn't. I was surprised when Tomorrow's Treasures remarked that Sunday saved their weekend as Saturday had been very weak for them. Typically, Saturday sales beat Sunday's, as you know.

The venue was adequate for the attendance & events, the pool party a success.

I got a sweet Cary Nord Conan sketch, spent a couple grand with Rick, bought some stuff for my collection from Tom, & had a ton of fun.

:)

This Orlando Comic Expo was a good show with fairly solid attendance. The aisles were not packed like the last Tampa Bay Comic Con, but there was a generally steady crowd throughout most of the day on both days.

Attendee satisfaction seems to be VERY high. The guest artists were very happy. Vendor sales were mixed, as Tupenny mentioned. I'm not sure why some vintage guys did well while others didn't. The vendors that sell currents such as A Comic Shop and Comic Central seemed to do well.

The pool party was fun. It was a new experience for us, and I'm glad we did it. Believe it or not, but Drake Bell is a pretty darn talented musician. I hadn't heard him before this convention, and was very surprised at how good he was.

I thought the array of vintage books was much better than last time. As a buyer, I'll be prepared to stay longer and spend more on the next go around.

The one complaint I heard from most dealers was the lack of space. The ones on the interior aisles especially seemed really sardined together. I know the venue doesn't really give you much flexibility to expand, but perhaps you can look at the layout again. Things just seemed way too tight for those folks who weren't located on the walls.