• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Me and Justin Bieber

5 posts in this topic

Or We all had Guilty Pleasures

I'm getting old enough now that I don't follow pop culture trends. I listen to music I like and tend to stay away from those I don't. Of Course my Step-brother had a good say in what I listened to all those trips from "city to shore" by not allowing me to touch the radio, my sister helped. They made sure I listened to Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and the Beatles. My choice of top 40 was disallowed in his car.

I'm afraid I have to admit I once owned a New Kids on the Block Album, had a poster of Michael Jackson on my wall and have no problem telling you I like certain Brittany Spears and P!nk songs, but when it comes to Justin Bieber I just listen to the jokes and have to admit I have no idea what he sings. I know more about his dating Selena Gomez and yet have no idea who she is.

So, how am I connected to this teen that I would even be compliant that I know the name, Bieber? What made me decide to write about this heartthrob of teenage girls throughout America? It seems one of my latest Twitter followers is none other than a follower of Bieber as well. My niece apparently holds me in such high regard that she decided to follow me through my twitter feeds. It looks like any of my future waiter rants will have to refrain from profanity.

But why here, why do I dare mention Bieber to the comic masses I so commonly place myself among. Why would I dedicate a whole journal without mentioning The New Mutants, Spider-Man, or CGC? Because maybe, just maybe, my wonderful niece will find this link all by herself and I want her to know that no matter how many times she reads this, that no matter what anyone else thinks; that no matter what anyone says, I am proud of her, even if she likes Justin Bieber, now only if I can get her to follow Stan Lee.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

The Link is for my Roundabout Review for Amazing Spider-Man #700

http://ashotofcomics.blogspot.com/2013/01/amazing-spider-man-700-roundabout-review.html

12794.png

See more journals by Tnerb

Lily cannot stand Jusin Bieber. I think the kid is a twerp. Gomez, on the other hand, has a bit more class. I do think they both are quite immature and a bit shallow.

Were our role models better? They were older, for one.

The fonz, 6 million dollar man, Cheyl Ladd and Wonder Woman (Linda Carter). Star Wars came later but We had Class.....perhaps I am getting too old for this

Go Bieber........I bet he doesn't even read comics

Not only does Bieber's arrogance me off. He just doesn't have talent. The guy has failed to even get a nod for a Grammy in perhaps the weakest year in music. He can't sing, he's in the industry only because of his looks. And as far as Gomez goes, yeah she's quite classy, but for the love of God her voice is atrocious. Sorry for my rant, but Bieber just honestly pisses me off. The garbage that gets put out on the radio today is just a big joke.

Hey Tnerb,

I'm not going to pick on Justin B... not at all. Even though I may not appreciate his music... the boy's talented! That's just a fact. He deserves his fame and fortune.

But what I really want to say... I read your blog on ASM 700 and Peter Parker... its touching... spoken from the heart... I can feel your sorrow!

I know it's not easy when one of your favorites is suddenly gone.

The only hope we have is history... super heroes have a way of coming back... so don't despair.

Oh... and I am very much interested in reading the story behind ASM 181. Lookng forward to it.

Keep up the blogs!

SW3D