• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLASH - NEED QUICK

179 posts in this topic

.... After trying to explain that my listings are very detailed and comic book grades are subjective, the Indian woman on the phone let me know how much I sucked at selling and how i need to improve and maybe in a year or so my limit will be lifted.

I think you are right for pointing out that the operator was Indian. that DEFINITELY was relevant...

Maybe he is into Indians?

(shrug)

.... After trying to explain that my listings are very detailed and comic book grades are subjective, the Indian woman on the phone let me know how much I sucked at selling and how i need to improve and maybe in a year or so my limit will be lifted.

I think you are right for pointing out that the operator was Indian. that DEFINITELY was relevant...

Maybe he is into Indians?

(shrug)

Naughty Call Center Girls 4?

Hello comic-sutra

This message is to notify you that in order to assist you in building a strong foundation for future transactions on eBay, we have placed a selling limit for your listing activity. These limits are not in place as a consequence, rather as a preventative measure to help our seller's keep from becoming overwhelmed with large increases in account activity.

Many members already have limits placed on their account. Account limits allow us to learn about your selling activity and make sure you're adhering to our selling practices policy and performance standards. Limits vary by seller and can change over time.

During this time, we want to confirm you are continuing your positive history by ensuring you are keeping focused on creating great transactions for your customers. Doing so will greatly increase the chances of an ongoing successful eBay business and help to avoid any future account issues that may arise. These limits will allow you to continue selling while also allowing us to monitor your incoming Feedback, Detailed Seller Ratings, and any customer complaints. Please understand that the actions we have taken do not mean your account performance is not good, but we do this to help all eBay sellers further improve their selling history and account performance.

Because you are doing well at selling at these volumes, you should not hit your selling limit unless you dramatically increase your sales. However, if you do wish to grow your business, we will gradually increase your limit as you show that you are able to successfully handle the higher sales volume. The selling limit on your account is based on the number and dollar amount of open (active) items and successfully sold items per calendar month.

You can now sell up to 1,600 items monthly or up to $150,000.00 monthly.

(Keep in mind that this includes multiple quantity listings which can greatly influence this number.)

If you do reach one of these amounts during the course of a month you will be unable to list additional items or increase the price or quantity of your active items until some of your items end without a winning bidder or until the 1st of the next calendar month, (If you are still exceeding the selling limit at the first of the next calendar month your selling activity will continue to be blocked.)

We believe that your limit is flexible enough to allow you to sell any current items and is in accordance with the volume you may have listed in the past. If you do reach the selling limit on your account and want to increase your sales, please work within the amount for at least 30 days. Once that time frame has expired on 03/22/2013, please reply to this message and we will conduct a review to see if adjustments are appropriate.

We hope that you will use this selling limit to your advantage and focus on succeeding with your current sales. We value you as a seller and hope to work with you in order to continue to establish a strong selling history and successful business relationship. It is in our best interest to help our sellers succeed so that we can have a positive trading environment and eliminate bad buying experiences on the site.

Thanks,

Paul

eBay

Hello comic-sutra

This message is to notify you that in order to assist you in building a strong foundation for future transactions on eBay, we have placed a selling limit for your listing activity. These limits are not in place as a consequence, rather as a preventative measure to help our seller's keep from becoming overwhelmed with large increases in account activity.

Many members already have limits placed on their account. Account limits allow us to learn about your selling activity and make sure you're adhering to our selling practices policy and performance standards. Limits vary by seller and can change over time.

During this time, we want to confirm you are continuing your positive history by ensuring you are keeping focused on creating great transactions for your customers. Doing so will greatly increase the chances of an ongoing successful eBay business and help to avoid any future account issues that may arise. These limits will allow you to continue selling while also allowing us to monitor your incoming Feedback, Detailed Seller Ratings, and any customer complaints. Please understand that the actions we have taken do not mean your account performance is not good, but we do this to help all eBay sellers further improve their selling history and account performance.

Because you are doing well at selling at these volumes, you should not hit your selling limit unless you dramatically increase your sales. However, if you do wish to grow your business, we will gradually increase your limit as you show that you are able to successfully handle the higher sales volume. The selling limit on your account is based on the number and dollar amount of open (active) items and successfully sold items per calendar month.

(Keep in mind that this includes multiple quantity listings which can greatly influence this number.)

If you do reach one of these amounts during the course of a month you will be unable to list additional items or increase the price or quantity of your active items until some of your items end without a winning bidder or until the 1st of the next calendar month, (If you are still exceeding the selling limit at the first of the next calendar month your selling activity will continue to be blocked.)

We believe that your limit is flexible enough to allow you to sell any current items and is in accordance with the volume you may have listed in the past. If you do reach the selling limit on your account and want to increase your sales, please work within the amount for at least 30 days. Once that time frame has expired on 03/22/2013, please reply to this message and we will conduct a review to see if adjustments are appropriate.

We hope that you will use this selling limit to your advantage and focus on succeeding with your current sales. We value you as a seller and hope to work with you in order to continue to establish a strong selling history and successful business relationship. It is in our best interest to help our sellers succeed so that we can have a positive trading environment and eliminate bad buying experiences on the site.

Thanks,

Paul

eBay

:o

Nothing like e-bay trying to tell sellers how much business they can handle in a month :facepalm:

You're right I'm a horrible person for bringing up the FACT that eBay customer service is outsourced to a call center in India. It wasn't that she was an Indian that I didn't like, more that he was a woman.... Seriously though I could tell she could care less about the guy on the phone who sells comics and must be a nerd. Take it easy pal

Hello comic-sutra

Thanks,

Paul

eBay

:o

Nothing like e-bay trying to tell sellers how much business they can handle in a month :facepalm:

More like nazi-bay

You're right I'm a horrible person for bringing up the FACT that eBay customer service is outsourced to a call center in India. It wasn't that she was an Indian that I didn't like, more that she was a woman.... Seriously though I could tell she could care less about the guy on the phone who sells comics and must be a nerd. Take it easy pal

oh, I didn't realize the issue was the fact that it was a call center... you didn't mention that part (the FACT as you call it), just you know the Indian part...

Was I supposed to assume that?

oh and thanks for clarifying ...now I understand the source of your issue

It wasn't that she was an Indian that I didn't like, more that she was a woman....

got it (thumbs u , you took issue with the fact that the customer service person was a woman. my appologies for misrepresenting you...

More like nazi-bay

this is hyperbole right? Or are you actually equating seller limits with mass genocide? Cause if that's the case I'm totally on your side, ebay has no right to kill their customers (is it those with low feedback? or keyword spammers? maybe shillers? )

Again, trying not to assume, since I got the last thing wrong.

What's going on in here... :whistle:

did you hear about eBay committing genocide, rounding up sellers and killing them en mass? Or maybe it was putting selling ceilings on them, I cant tell.

Those sonsaperson_without_enough_empathyes.

did you hear about eBay committing genocide, rounding up sellers and killing them en mass? Or maybe it was putting selling ceilings on them, I cant tell.

also this just in: ebay customer service, is a call center in India.

nah doiiii

nah doiiii

oh that's not the problem. apparently someone let A WOMAN out of the kitchen and she get a job working at one of these call centers and she had the gall to not know her place when the OP called to complain about the selling caps.

or I might be misunderstanding the point of the OPs posts (its been known to happen, one time I thought when a poster made a point to mention that someone was "INDIAN" that it was maybe xenophobic, but I was mistaken because his real point was that the operator was female.)

smiley_nah.gif

map_of_philippines_zpsfdb5da46.jpg

(thumbs u

smiley_nah.gif

(thumbs u

+1 customer service has a "pilipino" accent every time i call

smiley_nah.gif

(thumbs u

+1 customer service has a "pilipino" accent every time i call

everything I know about ebay and their "INDIAN" (OP quote) operator I learned from the OP.

Also the OP blew the lid off eBay's ties to the 3rd Reich.

I just checked my seller dashboard as well, and found no limits that I can find.

hm

Ditto.

But I haven't listed in over 60 days.

If it's a new feature this year it might not pop up until one tries to list.