• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor: God Of Thunder

85 posts in this topic

WTF peeps, page 17 on the search?? lol

Issues #13 onwards needs some comments and love/hate what's happening.. !

Arc: The Accursed and artist Ron Garney, with Ribic taking personal time has Mr. Garney filled in adequately, and if he doesn't return, is that okay?

I've been meaning to gripe about this somewhere. I wasn't looking forward to Garney's arc. One, because it was a obvious

marketing ploy for the movie, and two, I really don't like Garney's art that much. After two issues, I actually quit reading. I would still pick up the issues; because I think this is one of the best Thor runs in recent memory, but would put them aside. I am eagerly awaiting Ribic's return. I hope, that they find an artist that can rotate with Ribic so that the transition isn't so jarring next go.

All I know is I can't find any nice copies of #14. The two I got from TFAW look like an infant stomped all over them, and another from a seller on ebay with similar spine damage but not as bad. As far as the arc goes, I have yet to look at/read them so I can't comment.

I miss Esad Ribic already :(

Not sure about the "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen / Avengers" Theme that is starting in #14 either, curious where its heading. But, I have faith in Jason Aaron, his first arcs were so freakin' good.

Me too...I dropped it the moment Ribic left. Don't feel the same no more.

The arc might be good but his art made it awesome to read.

I find some of the colours on the recent pages a little too lively, it will be nice to get back to Ribic's cleaner lines and more muted tones, but Aaron seems to have a real handle on the plots and vision for this book which will ensure my commitment to it ^^

Thor, environmentalist... :roflmao:

Good luck Marvel.

He's like, been portrayed that way since the release of the Ultimates ... (shrug) you know, caring about the planet and saving the whales and such

No, I didn't know. I grew up on the ale drinking god with Lee/Kirby and Simonson Thor. No preaching in those. Its another reason Marvel appeals less and less to me.

I think you should read the book, I gave up completely on Marvel after AvX and this is the only Marvel title I now read, because it's bloody good.

Krighton feels Jason Aaron was forcing his environmental views on him, but I felt it was a good beginning to a story that Thor might be involved in especially when you realise that his main interest in helping Roz Solomon is so that he can bed her after consuming copious amounts of mead !!

The next part of the story involves Thor as an older All Father and Galactus, Aaron use of Thor in three different stages of his life is one of the reasons this book works and he can attack stories from different angles, but hey, if you've read it and don't like it - fair enough, different strokes for different folks (thumbs u

I'll give the trade a shot because I haven't read it. Growing up in 70's and early 80s I read a ton of Thor regular series and reprints up through the Ellis Deodato run on JIM. I always liked the books but then it took a little turn for me and I never really picked it back up. I've been a little down on Marvel over their constant retconning which influenced my comments a little bit. It probably wasn't fair of me to jump in without having read it. Krighton is my bud and we mostly like the same kind of books so there I went. lol

I'll be back to give an update on my thoughts after I read it. I love comics and the more good stories, the better. (thumbs u