• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am so disgusted I won't turn this in...

356 posts in this topic

Uh, Captain Z.....you meant tea and "crumpets", right?

"Tea and strumpets" stirs up a whole other set of visuals! 27_laughing.gif

Guess you are low on Brit genes!

crumpet

(n.) A kind of large, thin muffin or cake, light and spongy, and cooked on a griddle or spider.

strumpet - a woman adulterer

Synonyms: adulteress, fornicatress, hussy, loose woman, slut, trollop, jade

Sorry, I couldn't let it go! hi.gif

Ahhh. Red..red..red..

I know I am just a young whipper Snapper.. and cant expect you to keep up on all the hip young things we kids do today.....But even you has to have seen Dumb And Dumber at least once on cable. my quote..

"Tea And Strumpets". is taken from the movie... Dumb And Dumber.

They are looking up Mary Swanson's phone number when they arrive in Colorado.. and Harry ask's Lloyd..

"well what do you think she will do when you meet her?."

And Lloyd Say's... "I dunno.. prolly invite us in for Tea.. and Strumpets"( he is after all the king of the screwed up 1 liner)

I thought this was common knowledge.. like new words such as kewl, Email, and ipod.

I will try and remember next time when I make a quote.. to keep it in terms you might actually know...

Now isnt it time for you and Pov.. to take your meds?

Next time you should not underestimate my powerful intellect.. when it comes to Tea.. and or Strumpets!!

And since you knew I was a Chef.. did you really think I was not aware of what a Crumpet was.. similar to a scone, or other shortbread ?

Sorry.. I could not resist!!

Fire at will!!

C ya..

your beloved cappin...

Z

hey kid!! Strump this!!

leave the old man alone, youll be old and stupid someday too just like godd ol Redhook!!

..and me...

Uh, Captain Z.....you meant tea and "crumpets", right?

"Tea and strumpets" stirs up a whole other set of visuals! 27_laughing.gif

Guess you are low on Brit genes!

crumpet

(n.) A kind of large, thin muffin or cake, light and spongy, and cooked on a griddle or spider.

strumpet - a woman adulterer

Synonyms: adulteress, fornicatress, hussy, loose woman, slut, trollop, jade

Sorry, I couldn't let it go! hi.gif

Ahhh. Red..red..red..

I know I am just a young whipper Snapper.. and cant expect you to keep up on all the hip young things we kids do today.....But even you has to have seen Dumb And Dumber at least once on cable. my quote..

"Tea And Strumpets". is taken from the movie... Dumb And Dumber.

They are looking up Mary Swanson's phone number when they arrive in Colorado.. and Harry ask's Lloyd..

"well what do you think she will do when you meet her?."

And Lloyd Say's... "I dunno.. prolly invite us in for Tea.. and Strumpets"( he is after all the king of the screwed up 1 liner)

I thought this was common knowledge.. like new words such as kewl, Email, and ipod.

I will try and remember next time when I make a quote.. to keep it in terms you might actually know...

Now isnt it time for you and Pov.. to take your meds?

Next time you should not underestimate my powerful intellect.. when it comes to Tea.. and or Strumpets!!

And since you knew I was a Chef.. did you really think I was not aware of what a Crumpet was.. similar to a scone, or other shortbread ?

Sorry.. I could not resist!!

Fire at will!!

C ya..

your beloved cappin...

Z

hey kid!! Strump this!!

leave the old man alone, youll be old and stupid someday too just like godd ol Redhook!!

..and me...

As a spry 39 year old.. I still have that newborn baby smell compared to both of you!!

flowerred.gif

Well, that's why you're the Captain, and I am but a lowly co-captain...... sorry.gif

flowerred.gif

Wanna go out for Tea..or a crumpet?

I would rather go oout with the fornicatress. devil.gif

Then you will need to ask Flink!!

ohh wait.. is she a fornic or a domin?

Man.. I cant keep up with all these big words!!

And FFB.. can you back me up on the Strumpets reference? confused-smiley-013.gif

Of course. After all, you just copied it from me when I used it a few days ago. 27_laughing.gif

A pretty deer is dear to me,

A hare with downy hair,

A hart I love with all my heart,

But I can barely bear a bear

‘Tis plain that no one takes a plane

To get a pair of pears,

Although a rake may take a rake

To tear away the tares.

Beer often brings a bier to man,

Coughing a coffin brings,

And too much ale will make us ail,

As well as other things.

Quails do not quail before a storm,

A bow will bow before it;

We can not rein the rain at all,

No earthly power reigns o’er it.

‘Tis meet that man should mete out meat

To feed one’s sunny son;

The fair should fare on love alone,

Else one can not be won.

I would a story here commence,

But you might think it stale;

So we’ll suppose that we have reached

The tail end of our tale.

Little Book of word Tricks

Peter Pauper Press

Mount Vernon, New York

was this from memeroy? and if so well done!

And Cal, surely you must understand that the REASON why this all seems so suspicious is because you have been TWICE NARUed by Ebay for SHILLING. This evidence has been made public before and you blamed an "employee", but doesn't that seem like an astonishing coincidence?

And what of your OTHER ID "Jackster11"? The one with only 4 RECEIVED feedback? What's going on there?

If it looks like a turd, and smells like a turd

My challenge to you and anyone else who DARES to try this:

OK one last time - I challenge you and anyone - if you can prove to me that I am guilty of any shill-ring - I will GIVE you all my comics. I am putting my money where my mouth is. Now go prove it.

The link provided was from Stupidman of the eBay comics Board. He is going to make me look as bad as he can. Period.

Now, I will quit this Board, any other Board if you can PROVE that eBay re-instates shill violaters after the second offense. This, to my knowledge, just has never happened and their policies seem to never to be broken.

Also, you want others to read this Thread, and hope they think that:

I am the shill buster who:

1) participates in shill rings

2) yet posted a monthly shill bid that went up against me

3) has busted others right here on this Forum

4) and no one can check my bidding activities on eBay? I guess to make someone you dislike, the info features such as the Search won't get mentioned because it might show that I win almost every auction I bid on. "Heaven forbid don't mention that because it will give CAL an escape...".

Flying-Donut is mostly a Seller. He is not seen as someone who bids like I do. But use him to compare me with. That is all you have besides your hatred and ignorance. Just because it does not happen to you does not mean it did not happen to me - I get unsolicited eMails daily - you might , might, believe that because you guys do too. But because you never, or unlikely had anyone to ask you to prop up your friends wanna-be's sad auctions, does not mean that it has not happened to me or others. Get over yourselves.

If you, and your allies do NOT come forth to meet my challenges here, you are the trolling cowards who can't wipe yourselves with my low grade copies.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, it's about determining the truth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think the truth is that even if this seller did not intentionally mean to sell a conterfeit book he has.

So you agree with the intent of the "eBay Commandos" to seek the truth in this case and cases similar to this? I sure would like to think so.

Quote:

First, a better, high resolution scan would clarify a lot of things. Unfortunately the seller chooses not to provide one, so I can only assume at this point that he does so because it won't be good news.

well lets put it this way .... he is not obligated to provide another scan. it would do him good to though.

OK I am still with you here....

Quote:

Finally, if I am wrong about this, then I will be happy to send the guy a certificate for dinner for two, at the local restaurant of his choosing. I don't mind being proven wrong. What pees me off is dishonesty.

actaully sending him to dinner is nice but a public apology here would be more in order

Trust me here, Codfish. If this Seller proves his case, Mr. Redhook would be a man of his word and definitely send that certificate, and post something that we all could read and understand. This is not about someone trying to prove points, superiority, or anything at all. This case is similar to a Security Guard stopping someone who has their badge turned around or is not present at first glance. The Guard stops him at the gate: " Hey you! No Admission here without the Badge!" The person stopped then needs to prove that he has authority to continue. He either produces the badge, or turns around and leaves. Now the man stopped produces the badge - the Guard says "Ok there! You may pass". The Guard does not publicly apologize because he stopped the guy who is suspected of trespassing. The Guard is doing what he is supposed to do.

Now for JC he did the right thing. It does not matter what the end results are, if this Iron Fist # 14 variant is counterfeit or not, JC and several others are good for the hobby because they sniff out the not-so-forthright Sellers in this comic book hobby. IMNSHO we need more of the cases like this brought out to light and it is fair game for scrutiny. This goes for my auctions too. If someone sees a comic that does not look right, I will get to the bottom of it. I will provide scans, whatever is needed to prove or disprove authenticity. I would do whatever it takes to fix this problem. Sure, there are some who would bash and flame anyway, but let them. And I am not the most proficient computer user in this world - if I can provide scans and whatever, it is easy to speak that others can do the same as me.

Quote:

in the end i am still left with what i came to this site with:

1. no trust of third party grading

Without knowing your comic book habits ( and it really is none of my business EXCEPT you are posting here and rightfully placing yourself in this open Forum) and nothing at all about you, I can speak with confidence here that if you buy like some collectors do, hoarde like they do, you WILL get some bad books. When a Seller demands a refund from you, and you grow as a comic book collector, start gravitating towards the high-grades, you WILL eventually dabble with CGC. This reminds me of the typical Laywer bashing: "Lawyers are scum." Until you are sued or in an accident or a victim. Then you hire the meanest SOB you can find to win your cause. Rightfully so to do so, but what happened to the SOB part? Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Quote:

2. a growing distaste of ebay, its policies, and some of the sellers (to be fair any one i have dealt with for cds and books have been absolutely superb i cannot say the same for comics)

So you already been burned by comic book Sellers? Do tell us. Please share your experiences. One of us might know a tidbit or two to really help you get refunded or a trade, or whatever. Genuine interest here.

Quote:

3. the affirmation that independent, impartial research is always the best course to comparison

But no Third-Party graders, right?

Quote:

red i finally did not mean to insult you with my previous post but i honestly do not think further scans would have apeased you since it was more of a functional two way dialog that was required. it would have been good if both the seller and commandos had tried a bit more of tempered approach. but from the first very accusatory post it was rather doomed. the seller was insulted and defensive and backed into a corner which is not a nice place to be.

Redhook's well-known knowledge of working with scans is appreciated by more than a few here on this CGC Forum. His credibility is high. The further scans would have at least proved ONE thing you seem to have neglected to chat about here: that Seller's intent to get to the .....ready for this???? the TRUTH. Maybe Redhook's skills might have not produced anything upon receiving the further scans, but it would have DEFINITELY proved that the Seller here was willing to stand up and be counted. Was willing to undergo scrutiny. If you have nothing to hide, is it too much trouble to go to whatever lengths needed to clear one's name? I don't like to use myself too much but like I said earlier, if it were me and I was faced with the bad press of selling someone( eBayer or other private sale) a bad book, I would not like being put into a defensive corner but I would do my best to let the evidence speak for itself. And I was suspended from eBay TWICE. The first one was on me, I told others about shared computers when I was sharing space and employees bidding on my stuff( and a few others but they were not suspended). The 2nd one was tough. Almost 4 months of suspension. My credibility was rock-bottom. But eBay forced me to prove my case, and I did, thus re-instated. I did not like the accusations, and I took an enourmous amount of flaming, character assassination and things false, true-in-part, and true were posted about me almost on a daily basis. The gloating of my supposed demise was the ultimate gauntlet throwing on a certain Board( they left me for dead and I am supposed to forget about that). To be re-instated after a second suspension for shilling is not allowed on eBay. Ask them I think they might allow for some to just start over - I am not sure. Ask them. Matter of fact I had to prove my whereabouts ( and a few other things) and I was at Preview night SD 2002 almost exactly 2 years ago! But I survived and am doing well.

I also was going to sell a CGC Forum Member some Amazing Spider-Man variants. After a 2-week search, they are not to be found. What else did this woman and her criminal son steal from me? Others constantly rain on my parade. Bottom line: so what?

The lesser of two evils is to be accounted for your actions. IMNSHO again here, if there were no "eBay Commandos" there would be many more hurt Buyers out there. These posts have saved some, not all, Buyers money. One is posting here. I was sorely tempted to gamble on those 9.8's 1968 Silver Surfers a certain Seller kept pimping on eBay. Sure, someone seemed to always gamble on this guy( Most of us know who it is), but they did not heed the warning. I did heed the signs there in open view for the world to see. This Seller did not get MY money. This same Seller had his chance to do more too. He was challenged right here on this Forum to produce more scans, but guess what? You get ONE guess. Time's up!!! He has not sone so. I cannot speak for what the lack of action(s) tells you, but I can state here that it speaks volumes to me.

If I can take the heat, so can other Sellers.

" For evil to truimph, all it takes is for good people to sit back and do nothing....("dont want to get involved") -- Edmund Hilary

CAL

--------------------

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not submit to hereditary predjudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence"- Albert Einstein

"In the end, we will not hear the voices of our enemies but the silence of our "friends"- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

4) and no one can check my bidding activities on eBay? I guess to make someone you dislike, the info features such as the Search won't get mentioned because it might show that I win almost every auction I bid on.

You won 36 out of 126 on the search I just ran.

4) and no one can check my bidding activities on eBay? I guess to make someone you dislike, the info features such as the Search won't get mentioned because it might show that I win almost every auction I bid on.

How dare you bring facts into an argument!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif

Damn! You are on fire today! 27_laughing.gif

acclaim.gif Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the buffalo wings and don't forget to tip your waitress.

The first Q from Major Khaos:

Quote:

Definitely looks shilly. That calamerica dude bid up dmd1980 pretty bad.

Here is the scoop: I get eMails/calls every day - "Hey CAL please bid this one up - bid that one up - " and they even give me a Dollar amount. Many eBayers know that I bid a lot of comics and cards and it is almost unbelievable the extent many go to to get a certain Dollar amount on items others obviously overspent on. This is SHILL BIDDING for those who care.

CAL

Are you saying you are actively participating in an auction-shilling ring?

After all, why ELSE would these people come flocking to you asking you to shill their auctions

My first reply:

No where did I say that I actively participate in auction-shill ring? Please show me where I said that. And I NEVER edit posts like some othere here do.

I don't know why they ask me to do this - but it is all unsolicited like the hundreds of spam eMails I get daily too.

Now please show us all where I said that. I am waiting patiently.

CAL

Then MK has "Spun" this bull into this:

Cal, are you denying that you said anything about people emailing you asking that you shill their auctions? It's all right there. Your name, your avatar, your fingers doing the talking. Talking about how you are implicated in some sort of shill ring where people will email you asking that you shill their auctions. There is no denying that, Cal.

I never denied that these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons eMailed me. That does not mean that I did this. MK wants to believe that I did this for his own agenda. Quite obvious.

Then this response from MK:

Now, I don't think I've EVER heard of such a thing, Cal. If you're involved in something like that, why, I'm not only more than a little disgusted, I'm pretty danged sad for you.

My next response:

One last time - I do not participate in the unsolicited eMails I get regarding shill bidding.

You did not prove your case when you tried to put words in my mouth Major Khaos and this again shows why you are a known troll and trouble-maker and I would not be sad if you were removed someday from this Forum.

Now what would you say if I am NOT involved in this activity? Nothing. The conversations always stop when the straws to grasp for are no longer available.

Go troll someone else please.

Well, MK never said anything about if I never participated in this activity. MK did not stop the conversation because he can only see the ONE direction - the one he wants to see.

MJ next response: the one that paints me as this shill-cartel which has gotten my full and undivided attention and energy and I will see this resolved:

I wouldn't have said ANYTHING if you wouldn't have given us a REASON to doubt you, Cal.

And I didn't put words in your mouth, Cal, those were YOUR WORDS. You're talking about people (large numbers of people, by the way you describe it) asking you to shill their auctions. Why would ANYONE risk doing that (particularly in light of your supposed "reputation" as a shill-buster), unless they knew you were going to shill for them?*

You claim to report SO MANY people for shilling, yet YOU are getting these emails REQUESTING that you shill for various people?

Again, it sounds like a shill-ring. A shill cartel, if you will. Sure seems fishy to me, Cal.

Then this:

The question now is, "Why?" Why don't you make an effort to stop them, Cal? Why don't you try reporting them to Ebay? Obviously you haven't yet, so the collusion is implicit. As you said earlier:

"Silence is a form of condonement." (Your words, I would have phrased it with greater eloquence and grandiloquence.)

More later from MK:

Thus the concept of "Shill Ring". Perhaps Cal was stung by his own scam?

I already had posted at least once that yes, there is a way to turn the unsolicitors to eBay - but they claim that they canot do anything for someone asking to bid. I guess if I did this, then turned them in, we would BOTH get kicked off. A no-brainer to me.

I tried to tell the Board that they are never the same eMailers. They seem to try once, and that is it. I think some are pranks/jokes anyway. But most are not.

Now my words are already captioned by several on this Thread. I cannot find any of my words that say that when these unsolicited eMailers ask me to do something, I jump right on it and do it. It does not make sense to me that those who know I am THE shill buster are going to ask me to do this. It makes sense that the Sellers who do this are asking a few select Bidders but do NOT know that the one like me is the shill-buster. Time-permitting, I can do something about it. eBay CANNOT do anything to them asking anyone to do such activity. I already tried that before. Tired of fighting eBay too.

He's gearing up for a courtroom appearance. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I pity the fool who goes against him!

Now throw out those ones with the "Reserve not met" the ones I bid just to merely bid - now what is the remaining number please?

thi sis greta. Im upping my position on Cal to be the next one out in 3 days. Who wants some of that action?

I want some of that action? what will it be? Serious inquiry.

you mean like a real bet? no, guy. Its not a real parlay , but youre getting into a frenzy like others before you just before they stormed off in a huff! And it sure looks like youll meet the August 5th deadline.

Please note - if anybody wants to shill my auctions, go right ahead. Search for "flying-donut". 27_laughing.gif

Donut, you deal a LOT on Ebay... have you ever had throngs of people asking you to shill their various auctions?

27_laughing.gif Oh yes, every day. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Not strangers, that's for sure.

Now throw out those ones with the "Reserve not met" the ones I bid just to merely bid - now what is the remaining number please?

I ran the easy numbers, if you want to fight to move that 28% batting average up to the "I win almost all the auctions I bid on" level that you just claimed, be my guest.

Flying-Donut is mostly a Seller. He is not seen as someone who bids like I do. But use him to compare me with. That is all you have besides your hatred and ignorance. Just because it does not happen to you does not mean it did not happen to me - I get unsolicited eMails daily - you might , might, believe that because you guys do too. But because you never, or unlikely had anyone to ask you to prop up your friends wanna-be's sad auctions, does not mean that it has not happened to me or others. Get over yourselves.

Please don't bring me into your paranoid fantasy. There was no shilling here. Further, I can guarantee you that I know more eBay sellers than you do, and they very rarely ask me to bid something up, and I never get unsolicited ones.

Go buy a low grade Iron Man and Sub-Mariner and take a Zoloft. [!@#%^&^]. Another ten pages of this [!@#%^&^]. What happens, every six months you forget to take your meds? mad.gif

Cal, as an inexperienced eBayer with a mere 2000+ purchases to my name, please help me improve my bidding tactics by explaining the benefit of bidding on an auction 'just to bid'? Does this fill your time in when you haven't got a 250,000 word post to make to some board somewhere?

Or might it inadvertently bid the book up to the point where the next bidder might just break reserve?

Oh, and don't forget to let all the good folks here know how I've previously flamed you all over the eBay Comics Board. Obviously, that would totally blow my credibility out of the water, because you always get along well with everyone else you ever communicate with on every board everywhere....