• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

directed at no person in particular, and at neither side of any arguments, anyone who cares it's:

click on name - >View Profile ->ignore this user

Directed at CBT : I <3 u

lol

lol;)(shrug)

After what happened with Nowhere Men I'm going to assume people will have 0 patience and start a bidding war on the first copy or snap up the BIN's at whatever price.

Maybe some cheap BIN's pop-up but if someone post's one with a crazy price and someone buy's it then it kind of sets the bar for all the other people listing their auctions.

I guess this all depends what the print run is on the RRP as well.

Edited by Tuff Ghost

I really do feel this was the strongest book since Saga. My only complaint getting back into moderns recently, is that now I have to wait till April for issue #2.

Then again, I was always a big fan of the *seriel* monthly books. Stephen King tried to make them popular again with "The Green Mile", releasing one a month for 6 consecutive months. I guess it's a lot of fun having to wait for the story to continue.

I agree. Top three new books in the last thirteen months are Saga, Hawkeye and East of West. Strike that. These aren't just the best three new books, they are the best new books period IMO.

After what happened with Nowhere Men I'm going to assume people will have 0 patience and start a bidding war on the first copy or snap up the BIN's at whatever price.

Maybe some cheap BIN's pop-up but if someone post's one with a crazy price and someone buy's it then it kind of sets the bar for all the other people listing their auctions.

I guess this all depends what the print run is on the RRP as well.

I was screaming at people that day in the thread not to overpay, and i am sure i will be doing it with this one as well.

Anyone who sells you a "new normal", its "different this time", etc type line, is wishful thinking.

You CAN compare moderns to each other so peg it, figure out your price, and if you cant get it for that, dont buy.

It would fall in the category of:

-big name creative team

-no tv show/movie

-currently hot

That puts it in the Revival/NWM/SAGA path. NWM imo is overbought on its variants. If raw Revival and ToT 500 print run books go for around $120-$150, that is where this one should eventually rest if it does comparably well (and where nowhere men should fall to as well, if it hasnt already, i dont follow it).

ToT with strong TV potential would be undervalued of the group imo. Revival stabilizing after having fallen, on a bit of an uptick. NWM, probably declining after being the it book.

If you can get the RRP for $80-$100 pull the trigger for sure.

If you can get it from a DRE/JJ/Branget type guy in NM+ or better, $100-$150 is reasonable($120 probably the sweet spot)

If you are paying more than $150 for it raw, you are overpaying.

SLAB the book yourself, or get a JJ/DRE type to get you it in 9.8 pre-sale. If the price is over $250 ($225 probably the sweet spot) it will have been driven there by foolish people, and stick to the raws, slab it yourself.

$300 seems to be the magic RRP number, to break that sustainably you need something special. If you pay $300, do it to own, not to sell.

If you pay over $300 for it, well, good luck with that.