• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Maybe I just got lucky, but the copies i had were really minty. No Saga-like bindery tears, clean edges, sharp, etc.

Me too, I only got 10 but 9 were very minty and one had some black smug on the front, but no tears.

i'd have to see a photo of those corners....I've gone through 50 copies and they had some sort of tuft on the corners.

I'd give photos, but they're all at CGC getting graded :D

I've only had 2 fluke 9.6 submissions with my moderns, and I'm too smart to hope for a 9.9, but they seriously were flawless.

I even put back a bunch that were most likely 9.8's because I found so many that were easy locks. These remind me of Fatale's stock, and I absolutely think there will be high grade copies.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

i'd have to see a photo of those corners....I've gone through 50 copies and they had some sort of tuft on the corners.

I'd give photos, but they're all at CGC getting graded :D

I've only had 2 fluke 9.6 submissions with my moderns, and I'm too smart to hope for a 9.9, but they seriously were flawless.

I even put back a bunch that were most likely 9.8's because I found so many that were easy locks. These remind me of Fatale's stock, and I absolutely think there will be high grade copies.

The six I sent in were the same. all easy 9.8s

I've noticed the spines have some minute bits sticking out in places.....bottom left corner is a bit upturned and the top left has a bit of color loss...same as mine.

Those are nothing compared to the tears that were on Saga and NWM.

Hell the 9.9 NWM has a bindery tear on it.

Maybe I just got lucky, but the copies i had were really minty. No Saga-like bindery tears, clean edges, sharp, etc.

Me too, I only got 10 but 9 were very minty and one had some black smug on the front, but no tears.

Same here. I picked up a few hundred and only a few have bindery spiffs IIRC.

Looks to be a super easy 9.8 book. Id say 95% of my orders look great

Edited by VEI Reborn

You will almost have to have them graded...it will be expected.

So you don't think raws will increase that much? I'm not talking about a lot, but maybe $40-50 apiece?

I think the quality has to continue, but I don't see why not considering Saga w/ a print run of nearly 40K has raws hitting $75-90. I think it's going to absolutely drop like crazy in the coming week or so as folks get their bulk orders back, but hold steady.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

You will almost have to have them graded...it will be expected.

So you don't think raws will increase that much? I'm not talking about a lot, but maybe $40-50 apiece?

That would be way down the road IMO, IF the series becomes one of the most popular in the hobby over the first 10 or so issues (like Saga).