• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I agree that the price will probably be upwards of $300 but to compare East of West to Saga is silly.

Saga has a much broader appeal than East of West. Saga is unique in that nearly everyone who I have recommended it to (including my mother and sister) love it!!

I just can't see that same broad appeal of East of West and I guess that will affect it's desirability and price.

Everyone (including myself) who has given Saga a try pretty much hated it. I don't personally know anyone who reads it or tried and liked it. IMO, Saga can turn off a whole bunch of potential readers with its content. EoW on the other hand doesn't have anything to really turn someone off.

200_s.gif

OK, I'll give it a shot Ryan...

All things being equal, I will not pay as much for a EOW RRP as a Saga RRP for one reason. The cover art for the Saga variant sings, while the EOW variant is just nice.

One guys opinion. I actually like the Forbidden Planet cover of EOW better than the RRP.

come on Sage RRP cover sucks, EOW RRP cover is awesome. I guess we all back to personal preference.

I don't think the cover matters too much for the price. It's how desirable of the book and how rare. It's the market will decide the price. Since you and I will not buy at $300 or above, our opinion on price really doesn't count.

I agree that the price will probably be upwards of $300 but to compare East of West to Saga is silly.

Saga has a much broader appeal than East of West. Saga is unique in that nearly everyone who I have recommended it to (including my mother and sister) love it!!

I just can't see that same broad appeal of East of West and I guess that will affect it's desirability and price.

Everyone (including myself) who has given Saga a try pretty much hated it. I don't personally know anyone who reads it or tried and liked it. IMO, Saga can turn off a whole bunch of potential readers with its content. EoW on the other hand doesn't have anything to really turn someone off.

Nah, the assassination of the president, demonic children piling bodies up by the thousands and a completely incoherent story line could never turn anybody off.

Ok, I'm just trolling (mostly).

I was first to predict 300 pages ago that EOW will eventually outperform Saga. Those who know me, know I love Vaughan and his writing. Loved him since Y came out. In 1-2 yrs we shall see. As far as the RRP, I love the book and will be getting one for my pc. Don't think it'll sell for less than $100, but if so, I'll be happier for it.

I don't see this happening. I like Hickman, but usually his stories get to complicated. I'm not the only person to make this complaint. He spends a TON of time world building and often a ton of stuff is going on in the story. I think Red Hawk (I believe that was the title) was a good example of that problem. I still couldn't tell you what the point of that story was to this day.

Saga also feels really unique. The art and story are both drastically different than a lot of other things on the market. The buzz is already flying and people are really interested.

Now I like both books. I now have a 9.8 of both as well so I've got a leg in both races.

But in the span of a little over three months my copy of Saga doubled in value from sales on eBay. Let's see if in three months the same can be said about East of West. It wouldn't surprise me.

What about Saga's content turns people off? There have been a few explicit pictures, but they were really small. I'm not sure I see them as a huge "turn off" to readers.

Having looked at this a few times, I don't really like the RRP covers. Honestly, I'm not sure I like the covers for this book in general. They might grow on me, but all the white space bothers me.

For that reason, I don't see this touching Saga. The cover for that book has more eye appeal.