• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I read it and enjoyed the book. It was a fun read and I'm curious if we'll get the backstory to explain all of this.

#4 was better than the previous few - decent action. But I still think I'll drop this book after the first arc. It's by no means terrible, but there's a lot of better stuff out there... a lot of better Hickman stuff, in fact.

Oh, and Forbidden Planet in London had loads of the blanks at lunchtime today. They all looked in pretty good nick.

You're in the minority on this one it appears, but hey, not everyone has the same taste.

I don't think your in a minority. The speculators are really trying to push the book. From what I've seen, there isn't a ton of buzz outside the speculators.

The big thing for me, I don't care about any of the characters. There isn't anything to feel invested in right now. I'm still pulling it and will be around for a bit longer, but it is going to have to do something soon to make me care.

I don't think your in a minority. The speculators are really trying to push the book. From what I've seen, there isn't a ton of buzz outside the speculators.

The big thing for me, I don't care about any of the characters. There isn't anything to feel invested in right now. I'm still pulling it and will be around for a bit longer, but it is going to have to do something soon to make me care.

You're

You're

:jokealert:

There is no doubt speculators are pushing this as well but I dont I don't believe the printing numbers we are seeing is completely speculator driven.

Edited by ZaCrew

"I don't think your in a minority. The speculators are really trying to push the book. From what I've seen, there isn't a ton of buzz outside the speculators."

I disagree that there is no buzz. See my above statement about the sales clerk telling people they are crazy for not reading the book. Hickman is doing well over at Marvel and I think readers that usually stay with Marvel/DC are looking at his creator-owned titles as well.

"I don't think your in a minority. The speculators are really trying to push the book. From what I've seen, there isn't a ton of buzz outside the speculators."

I disagree that there is no buzz. See my above statement about the sales clerk telling people they are crazy for not reading the book. Hickman is doing well over at Marvel and I think readers that usually stay with Marvel/DC are looking at his creator-owned titles as well.

Yea but that is one person. On the flip side, my store isn't ordering many because the first few issues didn't move off the rack. I was the first one in my store yesterday and they only had three issues even for the rack.

Also in you story he is telling people to pick up all four issues. If the book is so good how do they have all four issues?

These stories always come up and they are great to hear, but they don't mean anything. It is just like all the Spidey naysayers on CBR are saying Superior isn't moving in their store, and yet the book is selling consistently well 12 issues in. Everyone has some story to tell.

well they did do multiple printings of #1 and a second print of #2 so I could see some shops having all 4 issues to get more readers = pulls that might have missed it. With so many issues coming out some people miss things. I know I can't buy all the #1's that are coming out like every week.

I personally think Hickman has a great epic story here.

Edited by natevegas

Just wait until the end of the year when the book is on every "top 10 comics of 2013" list on the internet.

:sumo:

Wild. I actually agree with Katchoo. Why is it so cold all of a sudden?

You could just agree instead of being snarky.

Just wait until the end of the year when the book is on every "top 10 comics of 2013" list on the internet.

Because the #1's are not 30 dollars or higher yet, that is the main reason why haters are going to hate on anything not just EOW. 2c

Its a death chill R.

Comes with agreeing with the mentally dead.

Seriously - who are these new experts?

East Of West - wow - big call.

If the book is so good how do they have all four issues?

Some stores (like Famous Faces and Funnies in FL), will purposely over order on the first issues of a new series if it is coming from a known quantity like Hickman.

Its a death chill R.

Comes with agreeing with the mentally dead.

Seriously - who are these new experts?

East Of West - wow - big call.

I've been saying it since #1. Never claimed it was a big call. Never claimed to be an expert. Keep on being nice (thumbs u

Because the #1's are not 30 dollars or higher yet, that is the main reason why haters are going to hate on anything not just EOW. 2c

I don't necessarily agree with this.

People are still voicing their opinions that Saga is not all that great. There were people doing this when it was a $10 book and after it was a $100 book. I'm not one of them, but just because people don't agree with the general public about something being great doesn't mean they have ulterior or monetary motives/investment.

Don't tell the people on rotten tomatoes, but I think Untouchables is overrated. I felt the story telling was a bit lazy as well.

Edited by awakeintheashes