• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Just wait until the end of the year when the book is on every "top 10 comics of 2013" list on the internet.

:sumo:

Wild. I actually agree with Katchoo. Why is it so cold all of a sudden?

Its a death chill R.

Comes with agreeing with the mentally dead.

Seriously - who are these new experts?

East Of West - wow - big call.

I've been saying it since #1. Never claimed it was a big call. Never claimed to be an expert. Keep on being nice (thumbs u

Of course you did.

All your comments are eagerly followed.

Whats your next big tip?

Just wait until the end of the year when the book is on every "top 10 comics of 2013" list on the internet.

Its a death chill R.

Comes with agreeing with the mentally dead.

Seriously - who are these new experts?

East Of West - wow - big call.

I've been saying it since #1. Never claimed it was a big call. Never claimed to be an expert. Keep on being nice (thumbs u

Of course you did.

All your comments are eagerly followed.

Whats your next big tip?

LAWL

You could just agree instead of being snarky.

And we're back to :foryou::grin:

You could just agree instead of being snarky.

And we're back to :foryou::grin:

Step one: Throw an insult.

Step two: :foryou:

Yes I know how it works Ryan.

Or LAWL Ryan - don't forget that epic statement.

BTW - Loved your latest SA purchases Ryan, you are getting a top collection going on.

Nice one mate.

Don't be insulted :cry:

The best of friends call each other *spoons*

You should be inviting me over for a cook-out :grin:

Beans on Toast?

"I don't think your in a minority. The speculators are really trying to push the book. From what I've seen, there isn't a ton of buzz outside the speculators."

I disagree that there is no buzz. See my above statement about the sales clerk telling people they are crazy for not reading the book. Hickman is doing well over at Marvel and I think readers that usually stay with Marvel/DC are looking at his creator-owned titles as well.

Yea but that is one person. On the flip side, my store isn't ordering many because the first few issues didn't move off the rack. I was the first one in my store yesterday and they only had three issues even for the rack.

Also in you story he is telling people to pick up all four issues. If the book is so good how do they have all four issues?

These stories always come up and they are great to hear, but they don't mean anything. It is just like all the Spidey naysayers on CBR are saying Superior isn't moving in their store, and yet the book is selling consistently well 12 issues in. Everyone has some story to tell.

They had the fourth print of 1, and 2nd prints of 2 and 3. The 1st prints of 1,2,3 were long gone.

We get it. You don't like it. Moving on

It's not just Ryan anymore..

It's Snarky Ryan. :banana:

original.jpg

:applause: :applause:

While everyone I have spoken to in-person about EoW loves it, I still wonder how much of these runs are indeed eaten up by speculators. I guess given my 2-3x pulls of each #, a couple Ghosts and an RRP, I'm a small-pimpin' speculator, but I'm not expecting the success of Saga for this book, for a few reasons - but that's not my point. I really enjoy the book, and if I happen to be able to make a little chunk of change in a couple years on my extra pulls then that's just icing on the cake.

I'm REALLY hoping Dragotta and/or Hickman are at C2E2 next year. Being in the Midwest and not rich, I'm not really in any position to jump on a plane to the coast for a con.

Without meaning to drag this part of the discussion out, I just want to say that I'm not "hating" on this title - since I'm not invested in the series I don't really care at all whether it goes up or down in value.

I've noticed comments on a few threads to the effect that anyone who doesn't like title X has some kind of ulterior motive - not the case here. Some people just like to collect and read books, and don't depend for either their livelihood or their collecting cash on their successes in buying and selling.

Hickman is great. Dragotta is great. East of West just isn't doing it for me. Good luck to all those who are speculating, and I'm happy for those who are not, but are enjoying reading the series.

Without meaning to drag this part of the discussion out, I just want to say that I'm not "hating" on this title - since I'm not invested in the series I don't really care at all whether it goes up or down in value.

I've noticed comments on a few threads to the effect that anyone who doesn't like title X has some kind of ulterior motive - not the case here. Some people just like to collect and read books, and don't depend for either their livelihood or their collecting cash on their successes in buying and selling.

Hickman is great. Dragotta is great. East of West just isn't doing it for me. Good luck to all those who are speculating, and I'm happy for those who are not, but are enjoying reading the series.

I got no problem with it at all. My cousin hates Radiohead, I don't understand why. But people have certain tastes and it's cool with me.

But there are times when people get bitter because they might have missed out on ordering copies, or didn't have the foresight to pick them up and their response is to mess all over the book in hopes that others won't do well with it simply because they missed out.

People will never admit that, but I have no doubt it happens.

I don't think this is the case with you at all.

Cheers