• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I just think this book is a completely different book than Saga. Saga is way easier to get into, while this one is way more layered and complex.

Not sure why but I suddenly started reading this in Mike Myers Schrek voice.

Or Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons... anything involving defending a book sounds funnier.

yes CBT, 2012 > 2013 ;)

How can you say that after Chin Music ? ........

:roflmao:

I liked the look of Chin Music's first issue because it was Fatale like, I take it that it didnt fair well? :)

I went back to find my predictions, this was something I posted on March 8th, 2013. Not sure why I didnt list EoW

Bedlam - Sell

Chew - Sell

Five Ghost - Sell

Helheim - Undecided, so Hold

Mind Mmnt - Sell

Nowhere Men - Sell

Peter Panzerfaust -Sell

Revival - Hold

Saga - Hold

Sixth Gun - Hold

Sex - Sell

Thief of Thieves - Buy

Think Tank - Sell

Todd the Ugliest Kid in the World - Buy

I have been HOLD on EoW since the mad flipping rush piled in. But I think at this point, especially for the fans of the book, I would be a buy on the RRP if it can be found for a fair price. It's been long enough that prices are likely to only be affected by:

-the market as a whole (obviously a crashing tide lowers all boats, and a rising one raises all)

-the usual suspect, any form of TV talk would send it to the moon. Even though 95%+ of shows never get made.

can't even imagine the Saga RRP price if it ever went to show rumors....

Saga:

Thread Started:

Sat Feb 18 2012 07:25 PM

741 pages

East of West:

Thread Started:

Thu Jan 10 2013 09:46 AM

657 pages

We definitely like to talk about East of West a lot more… even if it IS comparing it to Saga 90% of the time.

That is somewhat surprising but hey, its no TWD lol

Yea, between the print run on the RRP being 300, some copies getting mangled because diamond shipped them direct to retailers, and the ink stains that plagued many of the back covers, I'd estimate (guess) theres only about 150-200 copies of the RRP that could even potentially be 9.8's. thats drastically lower than the 350+ potential 9.8's from the saga RRP. This book is going to climb once this series really catches on. (Still feel like it hasnt reached its full potential, audience wise) hickman is killing it over at marvel right now, and its only a matter of time before those fans go looking for his creator owned work.

The forbidden planet variant is also going to be the sleeper book for this series. Its been said before, but its only got a print run of 1000, making it just half as rare as the saga rrp. Glad I've got ten copies each of the ghost variant, forbidden planet, and five RRP's either slabbed and stashed away, or at cgc waiting to come back. I'll probly hold on to them until the book hits issues 12-15, and even then, I'm probably keeping half of them to line my casket with. I'm a collector, not a profiteer.

What's it going to take for this series to "catch on" ? The print run is declining no? I 'm sitting on a ton of #1s and would like to unload at $50 a pop. lol.

Its very strange I see a book like Sex Criminals which dropped from 37,000 #1 to 22,000 #2 selling on ebay for $24-25 for 1-3.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sleeper+season+1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xsex+criminals+1+2+3.TRS0&_nkw=sex+criminals+1+2+3&_sacat=63

EoW 1-7 bringing $25-30

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sex+criminals+1+2+3&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xeast+of+west+1+2+3.TRS0&_nkw=east+of+west+1+2+3&_sacat=63

I don't get it. Its a great story either way and I can't wait for #8.

Key word in title "SEX"

yes CBT, 2012 > 2013 ;)

How can you say that after Chin Music ? ........

I liked the look of Chin Music's first issue because it was Fatale like, I take it that it didnt fair well? :)

I went back to find my predictions, this was something I posted on March 8th, 2013. Not sure why I didnt list EoW

Bedlam - Sell

Chew - Sell

Five Ghost - Sell

Helheim - Undecided, so Hold

Mind Mmnt - Sell

Nowhere Men - Sell

Peter Panzerfaust -Sell

Revival - Hold

Saga - Hold

Sixth Gun - Hold

Sex - Sell

Thief of Thieves - Buy

Think Tank - Sell

Todd the Ugliest Kid in the World - Buy

I have been HOLD on EoW since the mad flipping rush piled in. But I think at this point, especially for the fans of the book, I would be a buy on the RRP if it can be found for a fair price. It's been long enough that prices are likely to only be affected by:

-the market as a whole (obviously a crashing tide lowers all boats, and a rising one raises all)

-the usual suspect, any form of TV talk would send it to the moon. Even though 95%+ of shows never get made.

can't even imagine the Saga RRP price if it ever went to show rumors....

You nailed Bedlam, Five Ghosts, Peter Panzerfaust, Saga, Sex, Think Tank, and Todd the Ugliest Kid

You missed on Helheim and the Sixth Gun.

I don't follow Chew, Revival, Mind Mmnt, or ToT so you need to ask sombody else. Pretty nice picking % imo (thumbs u

edit: and no, I liked the first issue of Chin music but I think it is still on maybe #2 ? I don't know but it hit with a resounding thud lol

Edited by The Authority

Yea, between the print run on the RRP being 300, some copies getting mangled because diamond shipped them direct to retailers, and the ink stains that plagued many of the back covers, I'd estimate (guess) theres only about 150-200 copies of the RRP that could even potentially be 9.8's. thats drastically lower than the 350+ potential 9.8's from the saga RRP. This book is going to climb once this series really catches on. (Still feel like it hasnt reached its full potential, audience wise) hickman is killing it over at marvel right now, and its only a matter of time before those fans go looking for his creator owned work.

The forbidden planet variant is also going to be the sleeper book for this series. Its been said before, but its only got a print run of 1000, making it just half as rare as the saga rrp. Glad I've got ten copies each of the ghost variant, forbidden planet, and five RRP's either slabbed and stashed away, or at cgc waiting to come back. I'll probly hold on to them until the book hits issues 12-15, and even then, I'm probably keeping half of them to line my casket with. I'm a collector, not a profiteer.

What's it going to take for this series to "catch on" ? The print run is declining no? I 'm sitting on a ton of #1s and would like to unload at $50 a pop. lol.

Its very strange I see a book like Sex Criminals which dropped from 37,000 #1 to 22,000 #2 selling on ebay for $24-25 for 1-3.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sleeper+season+1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xsex+criminals+1+2+3.TRS0&_nkw=sex+criminals+1+2+3&_sacat=63

EoW 1-7 bringing $25-30

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sex+criminals+1+2+3&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xeast+of+west+1+2+3.TRS0&_nkw=east+of+west+1+2+3&_sacat=63

Key word in title "SEX"

Well. there is an Image book just called Sex that is doing all that well relative to Criminal Sex lol

As far as speculators buying the book and not reading it, I'm sure its happened, but I cant think of a dumber investment than blindly buying a book you havent read.

call me the biggest dummy then. I pre-ordered 30 copies of #1 for $1.50 each? I didn't read a single issue because it was a new release .

Saga:

Thread Started:

Sat Feb 18 2012 07:25 PM

741 pages

East of West:

Thread Started:

Thu Jan 10 2013 09:46 AM

657 pages

We definitely like to talk about East of West a lot more… even if it IS comparing it to Saga 90% of the time.

Can we get a chart? lol

EoW 1-7 bringing $25-30

Key word in title "SEX"

Well. there is an Image book just called Sex that is doing all that well relative to Criminal Sex lol

I think people who buy on Ebay, because they didn't want others see them buying "SEX"

From a historical perspective that just doesn't seem likely.

Look at Invincible #1 - regular #1s in 9.8 sell in the $300-400 range whilst the #1 Larry's Edition (with a tiny print run compared to the regular #1) sell for about $50-60 in the same grade.

I can't think of a single example where a store variant has retained any sort of decent value compared to an RRP or a regular #1 :shrug:

Uh-oh... Where's Larry, busting in here?

*waitforit....* lol

You can find quite a few Larry's #1 on his site just hanging out. I think Ghost and Forbidden Planet has gathered a better reputation for Variants as of late, and the art really shows. Ghost is relatively new, and has been cranking out some great work.

Just my 2c

I hate Ghost, my 2c:devil:

regardless of where people's different allegiances fall, i do think Ghost has the right formula to maintain value and desirability.

when variants become too common, they are self defeating.

EoW 1-7 bringing $25-30

Key word in title "SEX"

I think people who buy on Ebay, because they didn't want others see them buying "SEX"

regardless of where people's different allegiances fall, i do think Ghost has the right formula to maintain value and desirability.

Agreed and I like the EoW Ghost cover. I just wish they would have done the full picture like in the black and white print.

As far as speculators buying the book and not reading it, I'm sure its happened, but I cant think of a dumber investment than blindly buying a book you havent read.

call me the biggest dummy then. I pre-ordered 30 copies of #1 for $1.50 each? I didn't read a single issue because it was a new release .

Biggest dummy lol Kidding, kidding. I wish I would have been in at $1.50. What a buy :applause:

Agreed and I like the EoW Ghost cover. I just wish they would have done the full picture like in the black and white print.

BTW... I just realized the other day that the RANGER is on the cover of the Ghost variant... with his doggie backpack. I thought it was Death all this time and never really looked at it closely after first look... UNLESS Death takes the dog??

:facepalm: