• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Fist 14 -- What's the big deal?

44 posts in this topic

Any ways this is a great Byrne and Claremont book. One of the best Iron Fist stories of the 70's.

Personally, I think it's got the best art of the series and it's right up there with Byrne's X-Men work.

Boss, you need to checkout issue #15 then. That book has it all.

I disagree. At that point in time you'll notice the faces of the X-MEN do not quite look like Byrne faces. This is because Dave Cockrum was instructed to redraw them, the same thing happened with MTU #53. It probably would've continued but Byrne complained to editorial about it and got it stopped.

Any ways this is a great Byrne and Claremont book. One of the best Iron Fist stories of the 70's.

Personally, I think it's got the best art of the series and it's right up there with Byrne's X-Men work.

Boss, you need to checkout issue #15 then. That book has it all.

Umm, I own about a million copies of that book and while it is nice that the X-Men make an appearance, I still prefer the artwork and overall lines of IF 14.

Joe -- I take it that you have been able to retire via selling your storage rooms full of IM 55, the CM thanos books and various other Thanos goodies? I've always tried to get the CM starlin/thanos books when there was a deal to be had, but really, I should have simply bought every $10 VG copy of IM 55 I ever saw from 1997 to 2007 or thereabouts and I would have gotten 1500% returns.

Joe -- I take it that you have been able to retire via selling your storage rooms full of IM 55, the CM thanos books and various other Thanos goodies?

Come on, you know I never sell my books, other than a few variant dupes. I do have a lot of Thanos stuff but you'd have to rip those CMs out of my cold, dead hands, as to me, they're the best BA stuff produced.