• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on this book.

22 posts in this topic

Actually most of the national banks don't advertise rates above 5 percent on 100k+ CDs. I'm sure they'd give you more, but they're probably just waiting for a sucker to go for their advertised rate.

Even 3 percent is generous for most banks. I'd guestimate them closer to between .5-2 percent dependant on the amount.

Brian

Orange Bank will give you 2.1% on a savings account.

2.1%.... oops i just threwup in my mouth.

i will say this again for reiteration. Banks are the biggest rip offs running. Do not put this money in a savings account or it will not even keep up with inflation. As i pointed out Mutual funds return an average of 12% which over 16 years can make about 2 and half times more money then at the bank. Do you want him to try to pay for college wiht 20,000 or 50,000?

Another good option would be a Roth IRA as the money would grow tax deferured or a modified endowment which would have a built in death benifite in case anything happened to you. I would need to know a lot mroe to recomend a specific spot to save your money, and this is why you should seek advice from a financial advisor.

You may be a little depressed when you try to turn around and sell those comics in 16 years. It probably will not pay off like you think it will so only collect if you want to collect.