• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I've nearly finished the Last of Us and WOW!!! Easily the BEST game I've ever played! The story, the graphics, the characters, the voice acting, the game play. If any of you have the chance, definitely find a way to play this

I truly believe that Naughty Dog is the most talented studio in the industry. I'm waiting on my Survival Edition to arrive.

This is actually shaping up to be one of the best years for gaming. We're only in June and the lineup of games so far has the entirety of 2012 easily beaten. And there's a bunch to look forward to this fall even if you're not picking up a new console:

544829_591672100844895_1275305810_n.jpg

BeyondTwoSoulsReleaseDate.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Origins-Gets-Cover-Artwork-and-Fresh-Screenshots.jpg

I'll wait until its 10-20 bucks or so. I mean $60 for a one play through game that is going to take what 10-20hrs?...I'm too cheap for that.

No offense, but I've never really understood this mentality. 10-20 hours of extremely high quality entertainment isn't worth $60 to you?

I'll wait until its 10-20 bucks or so. I mean $60 for a one play through game that is going to take what 10-20hrs?...I'm too cheap for that.

[font:Book Antiqua]Same here,

my price range for games is $ 20 dollars or less.

I am not in any hurry to play games when they come to the market

I am very patient...

Right now I am playing Mass Effect 2 and only pay 9 dollars for the game (New).[/font]

:grin:

You could theoretically never buy a game again if you have 10 friends who do.

Amazing, amazing feature.

uh read the fine print...no simultaneous play :gossip:

That means you cant even both play a game coop or do any online mutiplayer unless you each have a copy, let alone both just play a single player game at the same time...10 people taking turns on one game equals not a fun time.

The rules say only one person per shared copy, so co-op is still a go. (At least that's what it sound like)

Spencer is pressed upon the issue whether two people can play the same shared game at the same time, stating that he believes that is the case. The policy stated above, however, only says "any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time," which sounds like it's one at a time.

Microsoft Xbox Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer Yusuf Mehdi spoke to Ars Technica, reconfirming that the ten "family" members could be anyone, even someone who is in another city. Users will be able to grant access to other XBL accounts to their shared games library, but Ars Technica notes "only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time."

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/54648/ms-confirms-xbox-one-family-sharing-feature-allows-up-to-any-ten-people

The way I read this is I have a copy of Halo and you are on my friends list. You can play single player at the same time i am playing single player. We can also do co-op since you are sharing my copy and I am the actuall owner. I could be missing something here, but this is how I read it.

My question is, how do I kick someone off a shared game while they are playing. My brother and i want to do co-op but you are currently play my shared copy, how do I kick you out? Can I kick you out? Still a lot of questions, but for now it sounds cool.

No offense, but I've never really understood this mentality. 10-20 hours of extremely high quality entertainment isn't worth $60 to you?

I can wait, I have plenty to play in the meantime and prices reach that level for pretty much every game within six months.

The only time I pay full price is something like halo where there is replay value and additional content, and I know I will play it immediately.

I do think sixty is too high for games in most cases. I only paid like forty bucks for halo four collectors due to rebates and reward certificates.

I don't buy blurays on release week either because most will drop to 10-15 really quickly as well.

You could theoretically never buy a game again if you have 10 friends who do.

Amazing, amazing feature.

uh read the fine print...no simultaneous play :gossip:

That means you cant even both play a game coop or do any online mutiplayer unless you each have a copy, let alone both just play a single player game at the same time...10 people taking turns on one game equals not a fun time.

The rules say only one person per shared copy, so co-op is still a go. (At least that's what it sound like)

Spencer is pressed upon the issue whether two people can play the same shared game at the same time, stating that he believes that is the case. The policy stated above, however, only says "any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time," which sounds like it's one at a time.

Microsoft Xbox Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer Yusuf Mehdi spoke to Ars Technica, reconfirming that the ten "family" members could be anyone, even someone who is in another city. Users will be able to grant access to other XBL accounts to their shared games library, but Ars Technica notes "only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time."

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/54648/ms-confirms-xbox-one-family-sharing-feature-allows-up-to-any-ten-people

The way I read this is I have a copy of Halo and you are on my friends list. You can play single player at the same time i am playing single player. We can also do co-op since you are sharing my copy and I am the actuall owner. I could be missing something here, but this is how I read it.

My question is, how do I kick someone off a shared game while they are playing. My brother and i want to do co-op but you are currently play my shared copy, how do I kick you out? Can I kick you out? Still a lot of questions, but for now it sounds cool.

I read it as one at a time. Meaning no coop or multiplayer unless you each buy it just like now.

New games are $89 - $98 here (including tax) , so no. I hardly ever buy new games, usually wait for the first price drop which comes pretty quick. (2-3 month)

I often finance new purchases with my old games (not into multiplayer games) and i'm getting too old to replay a 40+ hour RPG, so they get traded in too.

I'm the type of customer publishers (and MS) apparently hate, but if they think they'll make more money with this anti-customer xbox one, i think they are in for a rude awakening....

But if they'd just announce that GTA 5 launches with the PS4 i'll say :censored: all to my principle and buy a launch machine for the first time ever.

But if they'd just announce that GTA 5 launches with the PS4 i'll say all to my principle and buy a launch machine for the first time ever.

Sadly, that won't happen. GTA 5 is this gen only, and if it wasn't we would have found out by now since it's out in 3 months.

I can wait, I have plenty to play in the meantime and prices reach that level for pretty much every game within six months.

The only time I pay full price is something like halo where there is replay value and additional content, and I know I will play it immediately.

I do think sixty is too high for games in most cases. I only paid like forty bucks for halo four collectors due to rebates and reward certificates.

I don't buy blurays on release week either because most will drop to 10-15 really quickly as well.

I understand. I definitely don't go $60 on everything as some stuff isn't worth it, but I also think it's good to throw out $60 on a game that deserves it every now and then. Otherwise, we get an industry that pumps out Call of Duty and Madden each year and not much else.

Finally beat Bioshock Infinite and I loved it. Great ending that I did not see coming.

Starting on The Last of Us tomorrow.

I buy maybe 1 game a year.

Bought Last of Us... Started it up and WOW. Amazing.

I'm only about 3 hours of my time in, most would be a lot farther than me but I'm enjoying this so much. I'm really awful at shooting games and the pace on this for me has been great. I also chose the easy mode. :grin:

This applies to me and my perspective only...

Excellent question... the answer to me is "no."

I have no problem spending what it takes to get a seat I am comfortable with in paying to get myself to the game or the show. For example, my friends and I decided we really wanted to be at Yankee Opening Day in 2009 for the first official MLB game in the new stadium. We paid $350 a seat. To me, that was worth it because that was an experience for an event that would not wait for me nor will it come again.

A video game? If I wait two months from the release date I can get that same game used for 2/3 to 3/4 of the price. That game is waiting for me.

I hear you. Like Dan said, we all prioritize our entertainment differently.

First day/week sales in video games is really important. A studio like Naughty Dog (The Last of Us, Uncharted) gets my money day 1 because I want to support their work.

All right you guys have me wanting to buy last of us... sheez :kidaround: does it have multiplayer?

It does have multiplayer, but the single-player campaign is the reason to buy it.

just seen Microsoft make a huge announcement and they are going back on what they were doing due to being outsold by the PS4, dont need net all time now and can now play used/swapped games haha they have melted