• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now this is an original Craigslist comics post

22 posts in this topic

I think it's a bizarre attempt to score some valuable books for next to nothing.

I mean, c'mon, the whole ridiculous, overly dramatic thing to me seems like a ploy to convince those folks that might read the entire thing that it's authentic & who may just reply with an offer to supply a couple of nice books to "the cause" of helping this chick repair her relationship with her dad before he kicks the bucket.

Pardon me for being a cynic, but I think it's utter nonsense. I just don't buy it.

And, this individual actually had the audacity to attempt to excuse that novel length mess as being the result of her being some sort of an aspiring "writer"?

Sorry, but that's a major crime in & of itself. Not to even mention the totally likely fraudulent attempt at persuading some gullible. but good natured collectors out of some valuable comics.

I agree. This type of ad makes me think scam. The poster is trying to make you feel bad for him/her so that you will do something or sell/buy something you normally would not.