• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About Pedigree Certificates

6 posts in this topic

Are they stored in the CGC case?

I'd always assumed that many if not most Pedigree sets actually had physical certificates of authenticity, otherwise how would CGC verify them. I also noticed that a lot of my Pedigree comics in CGC cases appeared to have some kind of paper slipped inside, just barely peeking out and I assumed this might well be the certificate. The other day I received issue number 2 of Western Comics and it came with a certificate of authenticity as a pedigree comic from the Davis Crippen collection.

My question is, does CGC generally put the certificate of authenticity inside in comic within the case? Is it rare to receive the certificate external of the case (this is a first for me)?

Thank You

See more journals by David Swan

1. micro chamber paper is added to quell the acid in the pages from destroying the comic book.

2. I have a bunch of certs with my pedigree comics and I keep them all with their individual books. It should always be kept with the book imho.

well some pedigrees: boston (?), suscha, oakland, san francisco, nova scotia, aurora never had certs to begin with. pretty sure the church books go in there too.

Big Apple, I've received books with and without the cert. In this case I believe there were just too many books to make a cert for each one or with the sheer amount of them they are bound to be lost.

okajima was bought by 3 different dealers and only one made certs for his part of the collection.

as long as its noted on the cgc case and in the cgc database I can live without them but they are neat to have.