• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian Massa : My favorite Board artist from 2012!

55 posts in this topic

So, just got the new scanner in and wanted to share something with you guys.

As a lot of you know, my wife started up a Batman : TAS cast signed book last year at ECCC. She got Clay Mann to do the art and is getting the creative talent to sign the book. It's a hella good idea, and one that I have to copy.

The Smash Box office hit " The Avengers " came out last year. I loved it! Soon after watching it I thought this is the book I want to get cast done.

So I contacted my friend Brian Massa and asked him if he would be willing to chain himself to his desk for 6 months with little pay and cheap booze. I pitched my idea to him, and I guess he felt sorry enough to do it for me.

The gitchs is, I want to get the book signed by the cast - with additional talent on the back.

Brian did a fantastic job on this! I wanted him to do the actors like they looked in the movie, and we decided on the scene in Downtown NY where all hell was breaking loose. I wanted to add Stan to the book as well, so we put him up in the Cab being chucked by the Hulk.

I need to thank my wife for the inspiration, Brian for the work, and Eton as well for helping Briant and myself with some of the concepts. This is my sketch book from 2012, and I can't wait to see it finished when I get all the actors to sign it!

In my opinion, this is the best work I have ever seen out of Mr. Massa on a comic blank. Your skills sir are not always given the merit I think they deserve. Thank you so much for this one!

CAF link : http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=975399

Edit : Thanks Adonis, for my new desktop screensaver....

Thanks for the praise Troy, you are crazy! lol Good luck getting the cast, I wish I had it done for NYCC 2011. :pullhair:

They will come around again.

And on that bombshell, If anyone knows of any Avengers actors, PM me lol

Thanks for the praise Troy, you are crazy! lol Good luck getting the cast, I wish I had it done for NYCC 2011. :pullhair:

I will ask Scarjo after I cook her breakfast.

:o who's the pimp now!

Wait, I forgot to draw her in. She doesnt count. I mean she counts but not as a superhero.

I retract that statement, as I just realized whats in my sig line

great idea troy.

brian you did an awesome job.

speaking of pimps. the drawing of stan in the cab looks like the pics of him from the 70's when he was pimping even more then he is now.

That was the idea sir! ;) Lot's of hidden gems in this one.

great idea troy.

brian you did an awesome job.

speaking of pimps. the drawing of stan in the cab looks like the pics of him from the 70's when he was pimping even more then he is now.

Thankyou! Yea I drew him as an old man screaming but that 70s photo of him is just too funny. Plus he looks like a cab driver in that photo. A pimp/ cab driver

(thumbs u

lol I was just looking at this on Caf it is insanely cool. Congrats Troy for owning it and Brian you did an awesome job.

Do you hover on CAF waiting for new stuff? I put this up about 5 seconds ago!

Maybe :insane: or maybe I just cyber stalk you :shy: