• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philly Comic Con (Onsite grading)

37 posts in this topic

Service

Walkthru

Current Turnaround†

Same day

Est. Turnaround

Same day

Max. Value***

no limit

Retail Price

3% FMV††

A $5 handling fee, per invoice, applies to all submissions.

††FMV (Fair Market Value). Minimum Charge per book $150.00, Maximum charge per book $3,000.00.

***In the event that CGC, at its sole discretion, determines that the fair market value is higher than the value stated by the submitter, CGC will move the comic book to the appropriate higher tier and the additional charge will be the responsibility of the submitter.

I can't wait until it gets back to Philly. Im getting all my books ready that I need graded and putting them aside. I can see me racking up serious credit card charges.

when they do these at cons, does everyone get through, or do many people walkaway without gradings.

I can't wait until it gets back to Philly. Im getting all my books ready that I need graded and putting them aside. I can see me racking up serious credit card charges.

when they do these at cons, does everyone get through, or do many people walkaway without gradings.

At some point during the show, CGC will stop accepting books for on-site grading - it usually happens around mid-day Saturday (it all depends on how many submissions they've received up until that point). If your books were subbed prior to the cut-off time, there's a 99.5% chance they'll be done by the end of the show.

For most shows, CGC manages to finish all books that were subbed before the cut-off, but there have been cases where they didn't - those are pretty rare, though, and very much the exception.

How long is the on-site grading process? I will only be attending the show for one day which will be that Saturday.

Technically on-site means the books will be ready by the end of the show, but in reality it usually corresponds with next day grading - you drop the books off on, say, Thursday and pick them up the next day at the booth.

If you drop your books off Saturday morning they won't be ready the same day.

How long is the on-site grading process? I will only be attending the show for one day which will be that Saturday.

Technically on-site means the books will be ready by the end of the show, but in reality it usually corresponds with next day grading - you drop the books off on, say, Thursday and pick them up the next day at the booth.

If you drop your books off Saturday morning they won't be ready the same day.

Not the case, I submitted books on Thursday and Friday last year and didn't get them till Sunday.