• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philly Comic Con (Onsite grading)

37 posts in this topic

did you ask how long is the turn around time, same day service or same show service?

That's a good question, say I go on Thursday and submit 10 books do I get them back that day or do I have to buy another ticket to come back another day?

:makepoint:

How long is the on-site grading process? I will only be attending the show for one day which will be that Saturday.

Technically on-site means the books will be ready by the end of the show, but in reality it usually corresponds with next day grading - you drop the books off on, say, Thursday and pick them up the next day at the booth.

If you drop your books off Saturday morning they won't be ready the same day.

How long is the on-site grading process? I will only be attending the show for one day which will be that Saturday.

Technically on-site means the books will be ready by the end of the show, but in reality it usually corresponds with next day grading - you drop the books off on, say, Thursday and pick them up the next day at the booth.

Not the case, I submitted books on Thursday and Friday last year and didn't get them till Sunday.

He said usually. You must have had bad luck, because I've subbed in Philly for years and have always had my Thursday/Friday books back by the end of the show Saturday at the latest.

Not the case, I submitted books on Thursday and Friday last year and didn't get them till Sunday.

He said usually. You must have had bad luck, because I've subbed in Philly for years and have always had my Thursday/Friday books back by the end of the show Saturday at the latest.

So the best bet is to buy a 4 day pass, sub the books Thursday shop around sub some books Friday . Pick all then up on Sunday ?

do they press them behind a curtain so that you can't see the secret process, or in a locked room.

They usually occupy one of the large conference rooms in the convention center that houses the show - the books are then ferried back & forth between the show floor and the grading room.

So the best bet is to buy a 4 day pass, sub the books Thursday shop around sub some books Friday . Pick all then up on Sunday ?

Sure, that'll work.

Where on the chart does it show onsite grading?
Walkthru

Walkthru has nothing to do with on-site grading :makepoint:

Here's what on-site cost at WW Chicago last year - as far as I know the prices are the same this year:

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=2848&CGC-Grading-On-site-at-Chicago-Comic-Con