• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing ad from the past

51 posts in this topic

Steve, sounds like you have owned some Killler books , my man!!!! thumbsup2.gif :

What's your favorite Golden age & Silver Age Book of alll time ???

What books always bring a smile to your face while grading that you personally love if I may ask??? Inquiring minds want to know??? gossip.gifflowerred.gif

I know this is going to sound corny, but I love almost all comics cloud9.gif

I have had almost every comic I have wanted except an All-American 16 and a Detective 27. At first I was too picky about grade or cost, and later on, it just never made it my way frown.gif

I don't like grading sports comics, I find them really boring, but I can understand that if you are into sports, it could seem cool.

Some of my favorites to see while grading are 50's and very early 60's books in high grade. Except for EC's, these are so hard to find in high grade (sometimes any grade 893whatthe.gif) that it makes my day to see that something from that time period is still in great shape and most of the time it is something I have never had or seen before. Before CGC, I collected high grade (7.0 or better) 40's and late 30's comics and before that Silver Age books which I amassed every Marvel and DC in 8.0 or better. I have bought almost every comic by a major publisher (and many, many indepentdents and small press) that has been out since 1970 up to last Week just to read. I love reading comics! Now that my almost 7 year old like comics (Archie, Shrek, Josie and the Pussycats, Spider-man, X-men) I am enjoying comics on a completely different level, and boy, is it fun!

For myself, I just read the new issues of Fables, Ex Machina, Normal Man 20th anniversary special, Lucifer, Monolith, and USM. Great stuff! thumbsup2.gif

Sold my first one for a $12,000 profit after only owning it 12 hours grin.gif It was one of the only times I did not have sellers remorse tongue.gif

I gotta get busy. Flipping bronze age books ain't gonna make me profits like that anytime soon. foreheadslap.gif

Here's the link to his eBay feedback --> Linkie poo

Thanks Greggy! thumbsup2.gif Who says we don't get good info on these boards? Thanks to these boards I've finally learned who thebigloo and mamanook are. Interesting to see that the 2 BSDs of BSDs are active on eBay. Interesting to see such an interesting mix of books being sold by Mr. Anderson.

Some of my favorites to see while grading are 50's and very early 60's books in high grade. Except for EC's, these are so hard to find in high grade (sometimes any grade 893whatthe.gif) that it makes my day to see that something from that time period is still in great shape

thumbsup2.gif Glad to hear this point of view being reinforced by yet another expert source.

Sold my first one for a $12,000 profit after only owning it 12 hours grin.gif It was one of the only times I did not have sellers remorse tongue.gif

I gotta get busy. Flipping bronze age books ain't gonna make me profits like that anytime soon. foreheadslap.gif

Volume, volume, volume!

Volume, volume, volume!

Hey, I hear ya'. That's what ya' gotta do. But that's time, time, time. Eventually I plan to scale up so that I can make the same profit on fewer books. Growing slowly, but growing. -----Sid

Thanks tth2. I'm not sure what PCE's Mint 93 would translate to (9.3?) but Jay Parrino has that copy of All Star #10 and it graded a 9.6.

You anticipated my question! I've always believed Roter was a pretty good grader.

I believe the B&B 34 advertised has graded out as a CGC 9.4. I've also seen a Gaines CGC 9.4 Mad 11, but since there are multiple copies it's impossible to say whether it's the same issue advertised by PCE.

Ok, I've heard that the Eastern File copies from Fantazia were a fraud. I also notice that the ad lists some Mile High Golden Age. I wonder what the deal on those were? Did he have them, or where they just good facsimiles?

Ok, I've heard that the Eastern File copies from Fantazia were a fraud. I also notice that the ad lists some Mile High Golden Age. I wonder what the deal on those were? Did he have them, or where they just good facsimiles?

There was no such thing as Eastern File Copies. Comic-Keys/Dupcek/Hammer2

would trim (chop) 3 edges and stamp "file copy" on the 1st page. Who knows about him having Church/Mile High copies? You never know with a wack job like him mad.gif

As Bug would say "Shame on you Hammer 893naughty-thumb.gif"

If I remember correctly, I bought the All-Star 5, 11, 12 and the Wonder Woman 10 from that ad, all really sweet books! cloud9.gif

Dave is a really great guy thumbsup2.gif and I have never had a bad transaction with him. I got my second copy of Action Comics #1 and the Church/Mile High copy of More Fun #52 from him amoung others.

In full agreement with Steve here that Dave is just a real nice guy to deal with. Remember picking up some realy nice pedigree copies of 2nd tier keys such as All -Select #1, Cap #3, Wonderworld #3, early Master #3, early Centaur, along with some nice copies of More Fun #48? (dinosaur cover) and #65. Just a super pleasant person to talk to and very reasonable with his prices at only 1.0 to 1.5 guide back in the early to mid 90's. thumbsup2.gif

It's amazing the tresaures you can pick up simply by hanging around the BSD's as they discard their leftovers. cloud9.gif