• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

I would LOVE a HC! Another idea maybe one day if you decide to do a toy of Todd. Make a kickstarter campaign to help raise funds and offer a variant issue/tbp or hc through there. I know that i've picked up a few series or backed things that I've never heard of before so it would be another way to get your book out there. But it might be better for a little later down the line when you have more of a following.That way the variant would go directly to fans and the print could be determined by the amount of people that pledge.

So many cool things you could do :P I can see it now one day me pulling out my slipcased hc collection. Slipcase looks like Todd's bag on his head with some nice spot varnish on his eye's and the logo.

I've gone too far :insane:

Either way, I appreciate you coming in here and opening a discussion on our thoughts on variants. Don't see many creators take the time to do that.

Thanks to everyone for weighing in on the whole variant issue -- we have been approached by several people and your insight into this really helps. I really like Mangbus's SDCC HC idea. "Ugliest Edition" -- fantastic.

(worship):wishluck:

The dust jacket could be a brown paper bag.. just sayin

Thanks to everyone for weighing in on the whole variant issue -- we have been approached by several people and your insight into this really helps. I really like Mangbus's SDCC HC idea. "Ugliest Edition" -- fantastic.

You need to work in publishing. Great idea.

Slipcase looks like Todd's bag on his head with some nice spot varnish on his eye's and the logo.

I like this idea a lot! But unlike current slipcases where the book slides in on the side, this one would slide in at the top, like you're literally putting the "paper bag" over Todd's head!

:insane:

Slipcase looks like Todd's bag on his head with some nice spot varnish on his eye's and the logo.

I like this idea a lot! But unlike current slipcases where the book slides in on the side, this one would slide in at the top, like you're literally putting the "paper bag" over Todd's head!

It is an amazing idea -- thanks Tuff!

You just took it to the next level :golfclap:

You just took it to the next level :golfclap:

:acclaim:

Let's start our own publishing company! lol

My thoughts exactly. I think using the brown paper bag somehow in the variants would be cool too.

You need to work in publishing. Great idea.

With holes for the eyes ? ...

No suprise here - I would say "NO" to store and Con variants.

A genuine 2nd print with a totally different cover ala Peter Panzerfaust - perfect.

If you go anywhere near the virus (Phantom) mob,so many people will drop this book that your head will spin.

Its undoubtedly the most shameless tedious cash-grab in the market today.

No Con variants - people are still reeling from the disclosure that a 500 print run actually means 500 plus however many more the writer feels like printing and keeping for himself.

A second print with totally different cover is the way to go - the brown bag with eye-holes that someone suggested is a work of genius.

Good luck.

And Kudos for being the most approachable (and sober) creator to ever grace these boards!

LONG LIVE TODD!