• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Amazingly i think Ken has created something rarely seen in any entertainment medium nowadays...the pure hearted protagonist. If you really think about it Todd is all Heart and naivete. But just look at TV. It revels in the flawed antihero. Walter White, Don Draper, Tony Soprano, Vick Macke, Dexter, Al Swearingen (to a degree). And then we have Todd. Way to go Ken! U have turned 21st Century convention on its ear.

Interesting point. And Ricky Gervais just copied me by creating his new series DEREK. He might as well have called it "Derek, the Ugliest 50 Year Old on Earth".

So true :boo:

TODD is fantastic. Is it for everyone? of course not. But you know what, it's "for" more people then people are willing to admit.

Like I said...it resonates with the part of our personality some of us don't want to admit to. I love how it spits in the face of PC Nation. I cannot stand when groups of people take themselves too seriously.

Edited by NigelTufnel42

Ken,

Is 2014 the target for the show to start. I cannot wait for the show. I am looking forward to another "cringe-worthy" riot along the lines of Always Sunny, Ali G and the British version of The Office.

Thank you for your time

Edited by NigelTufnel42

Issue 5 was fantastic! Found myself laughing out loud in multiple places...my wife found it strange for me to be laughing while reading comics... :grin: I was going to show her what I was laughing about, but I think she might think I have a sick sense of humor and wonder who she is really married to :insane: . Keep'em coming Ken!

Issue 5 was fantastic! Found myself laughing out loud in multiple places...my wife found it strange for me to be laughing while reading comics... :grin: I was going to show her what I was laughing about, but I think she might think I have a sick sense of humor and wonder who she is really married to :insane: . Keep'em coming Ken!

Agree! No way I would let my wife read Todd.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first story arc and this new one is shaping up to be even better. I love the digs being made in this issue and hope they continue. I had more laughs reading this series than most currently running sit-coms.

Ken,

Is 2014 the target for the show to start. I cannot wait for the show. I am looking forward to another "cringe-worthy" riot along the lines of Always Sunny, Ali G and the British version of The Office.

Thank you for your time

Yes, 2014. This week we've been brainstorming story lines for the first season. So much fun.

Ken,

Thank you for your time

Yes, 2014. This week we've been brainstorming story lines for the first season. So much fun.

Oh, and btw, the British Office is my favorite show of all time.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first story arc and this new one is shaping up to be even better. I love the digs being made in this issue and hope they continue. I had more laughs reading this series than most currently running sit-coms.

That's great to hear, Digs. #6 comes out next week!

todd6promo_zps1ec39bb4.jpg

That's great to hear, Digs. #6 comes out next week!

todd6promo_zps1ec39bb4.jpg

:banana: crazy

Ken,

Thank you for your time

How great was that ? When Steve Carrell left the show here I was hoping Mr Gervais would show up after leaving his old job. That would have been a nice surprise and he would have livened up the show.

:applause:

Read #5 last night and really enjoyed it. I love the opening sequence with the Sinatra song, very cinematic. (Maybe a dumb question, but did you need to pay a fee to reproduce lyrics like that?) And the intertwining plots with CR, TW and the comic con were imaginative and funny.

I also like how every issue has a synopsis at the beginning as a jumping-on point for new readers... good thinking and seems a bit of a lost art in comics these days.

Good luck at NYCC! If I can I'll stop by and say hello.

Read #5 last night and really enjoyed it. I love the opening sequence with the Sinatra song, very cinematic. (Maybe a dumb question, but did you need to pay a fee to reproduce lyrics like that?) And the intertwining plots with CR, TW and the comic con were imaginative and funny.

I also like how every issue has a synopsis at the beginning as a jumping-on point for new readers... good thinking and seems a bit of a lost art in comics these days.

yep, that is a little old school storytelling and part of the reason you didn't have to start over with a #1 issue every 2 years when we were kids. You see it on TV a lot with " previously on...." but it gets missed a lot in comics. Infinity from Marvel hass done a little of this too.

Edited by The Authority

Definitely stop by and say hi at NYCC. We need all the friends we can get.

That Sinatra sequence was our homage to The Sopranos. Any fans?

And no, we didn't have to pay for the lyrics.

I love previously bits on TV -- I could watch a whole season of "previously".

Ken,

Thank you for your time

I have always contended that if you saw the British version first you could never watch the US version. Tried one time and did not make it through an entire episode.