• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Next arc is a 6-issue opus. Todd's family gains a new social status.

I like the sound of that. Todd's dad is my favorite character... I bet he is fun to write for. :applause:

Bummer on the three-month wait tho. We need our fix!

Good things come to those who wait....

Yeah guys, let him take his time. He has to crank out that TV deal at the moment :)

Next arc is a 6-issue opus. Todd's family gains a new social status.

I like the sound of that. Todd's dad is my favorite character... I bet he is fun to write for. :applause:

Bummer on the three-month wait tho. We need our fix!

Good things come to those who wait....

Yeah guys, let him take his time. He has to crank out that TV deal at the moment :)

And MK (ahem, and his beautiful wife Ashley) is cranking out a baby soon. Sometimes life gets in the way of art!

Edited by KenKristensen

I'll try to make this as short as possible.

My girlfriends dad is dying from lung cancer (smoker) and his days are very limited.

Most of her family lives out of town and all have come down to say their final goodbyes.

I've have been spending everyday over there helping her mom get things in order and what not. Tonight I brought some books with me to get caught up on some reading.

After dinner most were sitting around the table talking of old times and fond memories.

I figured this would be a good time to exit and head to the living room to catch up on the adventures of TODD.

I could tell the conversation had turned for the worse and tears started to fall. Not feeling very comfortable joining in I continued to read.

I must of got caught up because before I knew it I was laughing out loud, not a good choice considering the mood in the house. I quickly realized how insensitive I was being and gathered myself.

Not a moment later my girlfriends sister walked in the room I was in and asked what was so funny. I apologized and told her I got caught up in the world of TODD.

She said no need to apologize but let me see what your reading.

I gave her my reader copy of #1, she started to read and within minutes I could see her facial expression change and a smile appear. Soon after that a few chuckles followed by laughter and giggles.

This drew the attention of the rest of the house and before I knew it TODD had 6 adults (ages ranging from 36 to 52) laughing and carrying on.

TODD turned a house full of adults with heavy hearts to a house full of adults with warm happy hearts. I guess laughter can sometimes be the best medicine.

Ken I want to thank you for helping a family escape the harsh realities of life even if it was only for one evening.

Who knows maybe that night will carry on into the coming days and make what is next a little more bearable.

Many many thanks Ken!

Brandon

Edited by Spacy

I'll try to make this as short as possible.

My girlfriends dad is dying from lung cancer (smoker) and his days are very limited.

Most of her family lives out of town and all have come down to say their final goodbyes.

I've have been spending everyday over there helping her mom get things in order and what not. Tonight I brought some books with me to get caught up on some reading.

After dinner most were sitting around the table talking of old times and fond memories.

I figured this would be a good time to exit and head to the living room to catch up on the adventures of TODD.

I could tell the conversation had turned for the worse and tears started to fall. Not feeling very comfortable joining in I continued to read.

I must of got caught up because before I knew it I was laughing out loud, not a good choice considering the mood in the house. I quickly realized how insensitive I was being and gathered myself.

Not a moment later my girlfriends sister walked in the room I was in and asked what was so funny. I apologized and told her I got caught up in the world of TODD.

She said no need to apologize but let me see what your reading.

I gave her my reader copy of #1, she started to read and within minutes I could see her facial expression change and a smile appear. Soon after that a few chuckles followed by laughter and giggles.

This drew the attention of the rest of the house and before I knew it TODD had 6 adults (ages ranging from 36 to 52) laughing and carrying on.

TODD turned a house full of adults with heavy hearts to a house full of adults with warm happy hearts. I guess laughter can sometimes be the best medicine.

Ken I want to thank you for helping a family escape the harsh realities of life even if it was only for one evening.

Who knows maybe that night will carry on into the coming days and make what is next a little more bearable.

Many many thanks Ken!

Brandon

Brandon -- my heart goes out to you and your girlfriend's family. My father died of lung cancer (and all the other stuff that goes with smoking 2 packs a day for 30 years). Saddest thing in the world. I'm so glad the misadventures of the Belluomo family helped provide a respite from the tears. Thank you for sharing.

#8 was a classic in comedy. the first 10 pages are better than any comedy this year in the movies.

Thank you for the high praise. Speaking of moving pictures.... I'm actually writing some of the TODD animation for Titmouse this week.

I'd expect nuttin less for the TV show! :acclaim:

Nothing but great reviews abound for TODD as more issues have been pumped out in 2013. More reviewers seem to be jumping on the Ken bandwagon of hilarious writing as the storyline/issues have progressed. I am running into more reviews with each issue as I visit comic related sites.

Looking forward to what calamity is in store for TODD and company in 2014.

Happy New Year TODD! ^^