• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Agreed, but will make you giggle like a kid. :grin:

Can't wait. I have East of West, Todd, and Rat Queens waiting

I read those, Jupiter's Legacy, and Joker's Daughter today. Absolutely one one the best new comic readings I've done in quite some time. I still have the Wake and a bunch of other stuff to go. You have a lot to look forward to.

Edited by The Authority

I cant bring myself to buy the variant of 5 yet. This is the only book I have bought for awhile that didnt have any variants. I am sticking with that rule so far, but man its hard.

You started the thread which could have helped promote it which in turn could have led to issue 5 in black and white being produced. With great power and thread starting... :baiting:

If I was still in college I would start the Todd Drinking Game...every time a group/ethnicity/famous person gets "raked" u have to drink a shot of Bourbon. I am guessing this would induce a spike in alcohol poisoning.

lol they don't make that much alcohol.

Is there anything better than Todd or East of West right now? If there is I would love to read it. Both so different. I am partial to Six Gun Gorilla and Five Ghosts but I don't think they are as good.

If I was still in college I would start the Todd Drinking Game...every time a group/ethnicity/famous person gets "raked" u have to drink a shot of Bourbon. I am guessing this would induce a spike in alcohol poisoning.

Is there anything better than Todd or East of West right now? If there is I would love to read it. Both so different. I am partial to Six Gun Gorilla and Five Ghosts but I don't think they are as good.

Newish?

Saga

Reading #5 made me feel dirty.

I love it!!! :devil:

Excellent issue Ken!

Thanks, D -- and thanks to everyone here. I just stopped by Golden Apple Comics and signed a bunch. What a day for new comics -- the store was practically ransacked. Looked like it had been hit by an airborne demonic table.

Newish?

Saga

I think it is very good but i am in awe of East of West and its scope. And then Todd just calls to the Dark side of all of our personalities. I have heard great things about Revival but have yet to read.

Everybody has their favorite and the 4 you just listed are great imo. I was completely blown away by Jupiter's Legacy #3 today. It is hard to describe how powerful that story was. It could be because I had just read Todd and they are both great and polar opposites. The Wake, Trillium, Saga, Injustice, and several more are just really good right now. Awakeintheashes calls this a new golden age for comics and it's hard to disagree. 2c

Everybody has their favorite and the 4 you just listed are great imo. I was completely blown away by Jupiter's Legacy #3 today. It is hard to describe how powerful that story was. It could be because I had just read Todd and they are both great and polar opposites. The Wake, Trillium, Saga, Injustice, and several more are just really good right now. Awakeintheashes calls this a new golden age for comics and it's hard to disagree. 2c

+1

Amazingly i think Ken has created something rarely seen in any entertainment medium nowadays...the pure hearted protagonist. If you really think about it Todd is all Heart and naivete. But just look at TV. It revels in the flawed antihero. Walter White, Don Draper, Tony Soprano, Vick Macke, Dexter, Al Swearingen (to a degree). And then we have Todd. Way to go Ken! U have turned 21st Century convention on its ear.

Amazingly i think Ken has created something rarely seen in any entertainment medium nowadays...the pure hearted protagonist. If you really think about it Todd is all Heart and naivete. But just look at TV. It revels in the flawed antihero. Walter White, Don Draper, Tony Soprano, Vick Macke, Dexter, Al Swearingen (to a degree). And then we have Todd. Way to go Ken! U have turned 21st Century convention on its ear.

Interesting point. And Ricky Gervais just copied me by creating his new series DEREK. He might as well have called it "Derek, the Ugliest 50 Year Old on Earth".