• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Injustice Gods Walk Among Us

336 posts in this topic

Did anyone read Injustice Year Two #3? Any love?

I missed it when it came out, couldn't find it at Midtown West and it looks like #4 will be released tomorrow... trying to decide whether to keep on or maybe just wait for the trade at this point.

I missed it when it came out, couldn't find it at Midtown West and it looks like #4 will be released tomorrow... trying to decide whether to keep on or maybe just wait for the trade at this point.

Still reading it, and still like it! (thumbs u

However, issue #3 was definitely a set up issue. Part 1 moved the Green Lanterns / Superman / Sinestro plot forward a bit, and part 2 had some nice Jim Gordon moments.

Nothing drastic or shocking happened, so that's probably why there wasn't much talking here. 2c

Still reading it, and still like it! (thumbs u

However, issue #3 was definitely a set up issue. Part 1 moved the Green Lanterns / Superman / Sinestro plot forward a bit, and part 2 had some nice Jim Gordon moments.

Nothing drastic or shocking happened, so that's probably why there wasn't much talking here. 2c

Thanks!

Looks like title is finally running out of gas.

I just want to know who the Spectre is.

Mr Mytzelplick or how ever you spell it.

If the comic set before the game or during?

That was an interesting twist. I am now caught up on the series.

I cant see how dedicated DC fans cant like this book. I mean the writer

is using everybody in one way or another. Granted this year isn't as good as 1 or 2, but I really am enjoying seeing characters play important parts that are mostly looked over normally.

Who would have thought Trigon would be the center of a story? He hasn't been used for years in the Titans.

DC should really pat this writer on the back he has done an exceptional job with a book that nobody expected anything out of.

That was an interesting twist. I am now caught up on the series.

I cant see how dedicated DC fans cant like this book. I mean the writer

is using everybody in one way or another. Granted this year isn't as good as 1 or 2, but I really am enjoying seeing characters play important parts that are mostly looked over normally.

Who would have thought Trigon would be the center of a story? He hasn't been used for years in the Titans.

DC should really pat this writer on the back he has done an exceptional job with a book that nobody expected anything out of.

completely agree (thumbs u

I loved Year One, but decided to go 'trades only' for the rest. Very eager to catch up though!

Year One had more shocks and single issue moments.

However, years 2 and 3 have had me debating switching to trades as well.

It's still very good, but the arcs are longer and fit well for the TPB format. 2c

I read the Year Two: Book 1 TPB for the first time this past week. Still great!

I probably don't really need spoilers as these issues are now 1.5 years old, but nevertheless;

Tom Taylor (writer) continues to do thought-provoking, unexpected things with this title. The clash between the Sinestro Corps and the GL Corps was well done, with a 'power play' aspect to it more like something you'd read in Walking Dead than a DC title. And being honest I've never had a great deal of interest in these characters, but Taylor kept things fun. (Love the squirrel!)

The superbeings policing Gotham City is also a nice logical twist re the crime situation there... shades of the federal/state clashes that can happen in the real US when a city falls apart.

I still have lots of catching up to do with the series, but the TPB releases (as opposed to the hardcover releases) seem to be way behind for some reason. I guess I'll just wait for the next one.