• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOTOR CITY COMIC CON, May 17-19, Novi, MI.

39 posts in this topic

(Waves hand vigorously)

Oh yeah, I'm there all weekend. All you folks with backroom boxes of old Charlton, or Harvey, or Archie, or Dell/Gold Key, or Standard, or what-have you that won't sell, drag 'em along to Motor City. I'll buy them ALL... if they're cheap enough, lol

I don't think it will be open in time for the show, buy a Hyatt Place hotel is being built, and will connect to the convention center. It's supposed to be done this year, and has been under construction for a while now. If you want a close hotel, you can't get any closer than this one. It might be worth checking the actual opening date.

Just received some sad news.

Arthur Goldman, Mike Goldman's father, and a staple at Mike's booth since the beginning, has passed away.

Arthur had been in fragile shape for well over a year, following a fall and a broken hip.

From what I heard this morning he fell and broke a hip again just a few days ago and passed at the hospital.

Details are still sketchy, but if anyone in the Detroit area who loved Arthur like Cat and I did, wants to pay their respects, I'll post details as I confirm them. Tentatively the funeral will be this Wednesday, April 3.

Rest well, Arthur.

Your unofficial grandson, Rick

Arthur's funeral will be this Wednesday, with interment to follow immediately.

Feel free to PM me for further details.

Rick

Just received some sad news.

Arthur Goldman, Mike Goldman's father, and a staple at Mike's booth since the beginning, has passed away.

Arthur had been in fragile shape for well over a year, following a fall and a broken hip.

From what I heard this morning he fell and broke a hip again just a few days ago and passed at the hospital.

Details are still sketchy, but if anyone in the Detroit area who loved Arthur like Cat and I did, wants to pay their respects, I'll post details as I confirm them. Tentatively the funeral will be this Wednesday, April 3.

Rest well, Arthur.

Your unofficial grandson, Rick

Sorry to hear it! I knew Arthur well from going to the Encore-Cons/X-trava-Cons back in the late 80s (although I hadn't talked to him in years - I always got along well with Arthur, but Mike did something that rubbed me the wrong way, so I stopped going to those cons in late '89).