• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Hulk movie rumours

38 posts in this topic

Joss Whedon is not signed for Avengers 3 yet but I bet Disney will pay him so much money for it, that he will do it regardless of what he will tell people after the second one. And Whedons speciality is putting good guys against good guys or better, good guys who become the bad guys and fighting against their former friends. That's what he did very often on Buffy and Angel and these were the best storylines, very emotional and brutal. He really loves to hurt the characters he created.

I like the idea of Hulk being shipped off to space at the end of Avengers 2 and coming back pissed as hell as the villain in Avengers 3. Hopefully the rumors are true because that sounds pretty awesome to me! :headbang:

I initially did not like the Planet Hulk movie idea, and then I read your post.

:headbang:

This could be so awesome, but only if the carry over is there for Avengers 3.

A stumbling block could be that the Planet Hulk movie would need the core cast members of the Avengers movies to set-up Avengers 3 correctly. You need Iron Man/Downey, Cap/Evans, Thor/Hemsworth and possibly Fury/Jackson. I know their contracts run through a set number of Marvel films and their involvement in Planet Hulk might make the proposition of the Avengers cast members being supporting actors too expensive. Any thoughts on this?

I like the idea of Hulk being shipped off to space at the end of Avengers 2 and coming back pissed as hell as the villain in Avengers 3. Hopefully the rumors are true because that sounds pretty awesome to me! :headbang:

A stumbling block could be that the Planet Hulk movie would need the core cast members of the Avengers movies to set-up Avengers 3 correctly. You need Iron Man/Downey, Cap/Evans, Thor/Hemsworth and possibly Fury/Jackson. I know their contracts run through a set number of Marvel films and their involvement in Planet Hulk might make the proposition of the Avengers cast members being supporting actors too expensive. Any thoughts on this?

Ya good point. I suppose they could work it out either way but all of these actors with different picture deals could pose a problem for some of these "Phase Three" projects.

I remember an interview with Chris Evans where he was asked about possibly appearing in one of these future Marvel movies. He mentioned that his picture deal takes him through a specific amount of films and that Marvel will be careful with where they use him because they don't want a situation where his deal is up and they must have him for a big Cap' or Avengers flick...That would be great for Evans and his negotiations but very, very bad for Marvel.

Ya good point. I suppose they could work it out either way but all of these actors with different picture deals could pose a problem for some of these "phase Three" projects.

I remember an interview with Chris Evans where he was asked about possibly appearing in one of these future Marvel movies. He mentioned that his picture deal takes him through a specific amount of films and that Marvel will be careful with where they use him because they don't want a situation where his deal is up and they must have him for a big Cap' or Avengers flick...That would be great for Evans and his negotiations but very, very bad for Marvel.

I think it comes down the inclusion of cameos as being built into their contracts as a separate occurrence that does not affect the amount of starring films they are signed on for.

This poses a few questions. Is there an allotment of cameos for actors as stipulated in their contracts? Would a role qualifying as a cameo be enough to set up Avengers 3?

Thinking out loud here and thinking that I wish contract details were public knowledge so my speculation would end.

Doesn't look like that Black Panther movie is coming anytime soon.

I remember reading about that 15 years ago when Wesley Snipes was attached, shame it never happened. But then we did get Blade. :headbang: