• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albedo #0 & 1 - The Difference between the Printings

33 posts in this topic

For many years, I searched to find all the different first print copies of Albedo #0. Since I have seen CGC make mistakes in labeling second printings as first printings, I thought I'd show pics of the different first printings of Albedo #0 & #1 that I have so that people could more easily recognize them when they appear on eBay (even if mislabeled).

First, here's the explanation of all the different #0 printings from the inside of the 4th printing of #0 (the Gallaci signature was added later).

Albedo0__4th_Inside_zps6ef9e908.jpg

Here are front and back scans of the extremely rare "Yellow" edition (50 copies) - what's not noted in the 4th printing is that this book is slightly wider than the other printings. My copy is 6 11/18" wide vs. the "White" edition which is 6 7/18" wide.

Albedo0_Gold_Front_zpsb44cda09.jpg

Albedo0_Gold_Back_zps0781c557.jpg

Here are the front and back scans of the rarer "White" edition (450 copies) - note that the price on this one is also 50 cents. The blue ink is a little darker on this printing vs. the "Yellow" version (at least on my copies).

Albedo0_White_Front_zps1ebaa712.jpg

Albedo0_White_Back_zps1cbaabcc.jpg

The last first printing is the "Blue" edition. The color scheme is reversed and the price also went up from 50 cents to $1.50 with this version. That's not noted in many places.

Albedo0_Blue_Front_zps61e10667.jpg

Albedo0_Blue_Back_zpscf4d5bae.jpg

Now, on to the 2nd and 3rd printings... The blue ink on the 2nd printing is darker than the 3rd printing (which is a little more faded). Both the 2nd and 3rd printings don't have a price in the upper right corner.

Here are scans of the front and back covers of the 2nd printing:

Albedo0__2nd_Front_zps6accf571.jpg

Albedo0__2nd_Back_zps01721bc1.jpg

And here are the 3rd printing scans:

Albedo0__3rd_Front_zpsb496364e.jpg

Albedo0__3rd_Back_zpsd63abeb9.jpg

Both the 2nd and 3rd printings indicate the later printing on the inside back cover. The address is different on the 2nd printing.

Albedo0__2nd_Inside_zps6cca1b44.jpg

Albedo0__3rd_Inside_zps83513929.jpg

The 4th printing is easy to notice becuase the of red $1 price on the front cover. For this printing, they reprinted the front cover from the "Yellow" edition and the back cover from the "Blue" edition.

Albedo0__4th_Front_zps7e2f53e4.jpg

Albedo0__4th_Back_zpsd70d2409.jpg

For Albedo #1, the difference in printings, is typically noted by the difference in the background color of the red. The first printing is noted as the "Dark Red" while the second printing is noted as the "Bright Red". What's actually more noticeable are the different colors on the back cover.

Here are the front and back covers of the first printing of #1:

Albedo1_1st_Front_zps52170932.jpg

Albedo1_1st_Back_zps978e6e89.jpg

Here are the front and back covers of the second printing of #1:

Albedo1_2nd_Front_zps72fcfe61.jpg

Albedo1_2nd_Back_zps4309cb08.jpg

Also, the second printing has the following notation at the bottom of the inside front cover "Cover Revised & Reprinted Sept. 1984."

Albedo1_2nd_Inside_zpsc2c8c4a8.jpg

I hope this thread helps people to better identify their printings of Albedo #0 & #1 in the future. And, anyone who has a copy of Albedo #0 "Yellow," please list them here. It took me over 20 years to find just one copy. I'd love to see more!

As I went to put this together, I realized that I may no longer have a 2nd printing, but the 2nd and 3rd printings are similar on the outside. The blue ink on the 2nd printing is darker than the 3rd printing (which is a little more faded). Both the 2nd and 3rd printings don't have a price in the upper right corner.

I can help on the 2nd print... (thumbs u

Albedo #0 Second Printing

CGC98Albedo0_2nd_full.jpg

CGC98Albedo0SecondPrint_back.jpg

I finally found my 2nd printing of Albedo #0 so I wanted to post those scans along with a picture of the inside back cover. In addition to noting that the book is a 2nd printing, it also has a different address than the 3rd printing.

Albedo0__2nd_Front_zps6accf571.jpg

Albedo0__2nd_Back_zps01721bc1.jpg

Albedo0__2nd_Inside_zps6cca1b44.jpg

An extra bonus... when I found my 2nd printing of Albedo #0, I also found a 2nd copy of Albedo #1 2nd printing. I had forgotten I had that. Since I don't need two copies, I'll pst the extra copy in the Marketplace section for anyone who is interested.

This is really cool. A lot of this info is also buried somewhere in the Albedo 2 thread but hard to find, so this is a very nice easy to find reference. Thanks for posting this info.

I have all the Albedo 0's and 1's except for the elusive and almost non-existent yellow 0.

If you could, please update the first post in this thread with all the pics including the 1 2nd print. It would flow very nicely then.

Was there also a "deluxe" 4th printing or is there just a single 4th printing? I saw the same ebay seller (lone star?) selling a 4th print and a separate "deluxe" 4th print in the past.

I know this a really old thread, but I found a 1st print at a small local con stuffed in a small box the guy had off to the side. I was pretty shocked when I pulled it! At first I figured it was a 2nd print, but low and behold, there was the $1.50 price in the top right.....SCORE!!

h2Ouso.jpg