• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albedo #0 & 1 - The Difference between the Printings

33 posts in this topic

I got this in the mail recently. I finally found one with a yellow cover! However, CGC did not label it as such.

Wow.

Was it expensive?

This was the one on the mycomicshop auction recently, sold as a 9.2. To me if was a little high but not bad for a such a rare comic. The funny thing is that my top bid was just a $1 or $2 higher than the winnig bid, so I just barely won it.

I sent it in to CGC (with no pressing) and it came back 9.6! I am excited just to have one of only 50 but the 9.6 was icing on the cake.

Great to finally see a second copy of the "Yellow" edition listed. Only 48 more out there!

Can you confirm that your copy has the same dimensions as the one I listed at the beginning of the thread?

I cannot find a single ruler in the house at the moment. Will do when I find one.

My yellow 0 measures about 6 5/8" wide while the white 0 was about 6 3/8". The tape measure I found had no markings less than 1/8. So that is interesting. Besides changing the color between the yellow and white cover printings, they changed the paper size.

Great to finally see a second copy of the "Yellow" edition listed. Only 48 more out there!

Can you confirm that your copy has the same dimensions as the one I listed at the beginning of the thread?

Well...assuming this isn't a resub. ;)

And I can confirm that I own the other copy which was graded 9.4 (see earlier in the post) without pressing. Could likely get better if I pressed it, but I wasn't that concerned with grade when I submitted mine.

My yellow 0 measures about 6 5/8" wide while the white 0 was about 6 3/8". The tape measure I found had no markings less than 1/8. So that is interesting. Besides changing the color between the yellow and white cover printings, they changed the paper size.

This is consistent with what I found with my copy - the Yellow was wider. With all the changes between the Yellow, White, and Blue copies, I do wonder if all are truly 1st printings. I'm still not sure they would charge $1.50 for the blue and only $.50 for the Yellow and White editions. With the Yellow, it seems Gallacci ran some copies off with the printer and then made some suggestions before running off the other 450 copies.

And I can confirm that I own the other copy which was graded 9.4 (see earlier in the post) without pressing. Could likely get better if I pressed it, but I wasn't that concerned with grade when I submitted mine.

Only pointing out the inherent problem of the census, gents, not knocking your subs, which are awesome. ;)

There are very, very few remaining 1980's books that I haven't held in my own hands, and this is one of them.